What's new

Speedlight...

Hardrock

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
1,173
Reaction score
36
Location
Dallas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Need a second speedlight for OCF. What is the best bang for the buck? I already have a 430 but wasn't wanting to spend that much. Thanks TPF!
 
How do you intend to trigger OCF?

How much power do you need to shoot whatever it is you intend to shoot?
 
I have a 430EX II as well and I was in a similar boat as you are in right now. I got a Sunpak PZ42X which works for what I need it to. It has TTL, but I prefer to use the 430 if I am going to do on camera shooting. It's just a more rugged unit. But for firing off camera with triggers the Sunpak works fine.
 
Using cowboy studio trigger. As far as power...I dont know I was really looking for something somewhat cheap , decent recycle , and to use as a fill for my 430. Which both are going to be used off of camera. I intend to use them for portraits of my family , maybe some martial arts stuff a, macro and whatever else.
 
yongnuo makes good flashes that are cheap. you can get manual ones for like 40 bucks and ttl for around 90 i think
 
I use Vivitar 286HV's. They are $90 each, new: Vivitar 285HV Auto Professional Flash.
Guide No.120' (37 m) ISO 100 @ 50mm

The 285HV has more power than your 430. The 285HV has a thyristor and can be used in an automatic mode. The 285HV has a flash calculator built right into it making it easy to figure out the right settings for each set-up.
 
Last edited:
yongnuo makes good flashes that are cheap. you can get manual ones for like 40 bucks and ttl for around 90 i think
What units is the yongnuo GN number in, and at what ISO?

If they don't say, the GN number is useless.

The GN number a flash unit has describes how powerful it is. The GN number is given as either meters and/or feet, and tells at what ISO setting the GN number is valid.

YONGNUO Flash Speedlite YN-460II for Nikon Canon Pentax

YN-560 Speedlight Flash for Canon and Nikon

Yongnuo YN-467 Flash Speedlite Dedicated E-TTL for Canon DSLR Cameras
 
Last edited:
How can a Canadian order from Amazon.com. Is there anyway around it. I can never find the goodies on amazon.ca that .com has.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom