TheRealNickGtz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,
I might have an opportunity to display some of my art in a gallery soon and I need some advice. I have photos of action shots in various sports as any sports photographer should have, but I want to shoot a series of photographs that have a gallery appeal but a sports feel. Possibly like athlete of portraits or something. Please suggest possible series ideas or pictures that can inspire me.

Thank in advance,
Nick

Notice - please do not cross post multiple threads on the same subject in different subsections - once is enough.

Also you will want to link to your current photography; give us a sense of what you can already produce and what you have already tried as well as give us an idea of what equipment and opportunities (eg sports to work with) that you have access too .

Thank you for your advice. Some of my work can be found on HERE.
I have a Nikon D3200, studio lighting, and backdrops. Also, I have ample access to high school athletes that can model for me.

You have some nice images, but I would suggest you work on the crops, you've go some potential in the images to make them great, but the crops have many of them very average looking. I do like a few of your sports portraits

I assume the photo you posted is of you, if that's the case, you're holding your camera wrong, left hand should be under the lens supporting it, takes the stress off your wrist.

You have some nice images, but I would suggest you work on the crops, you've go some potential in the images to make them great, but the crops have many of them very average looking. I do like a few of your sports portraits

I assume the photo you posted is of you, if that's the case, you're holding your camera wrong, left hand should be under the lens supporting it, takes the stress off your wrist.
Thank you! On some of the pictures, how do you recommend I crop them? I need as much advice as possible. Yes, the picture is me, but it was just a quick pose.

I'd get some studio lighting and do some high contrast stuff with directional lighting and a black background. Combine portrait with the sport.

This was from a play ... but you'll get the idea.

_GA17416.jpg

_DSF8168-X2.jpg

_DSF8177.jpg

_GA17418.jpg

I'd get some studio lighting and do some high contrast stuff with directional lighting and a black background. Combine portrait with the sport.

This was from a play ... but you'll get the idea.

_GA17416.jpg

_DSF8168-X2.jpg

_DSF8177.jpg

_GA17418.jpg
yes thanks! This is want I want to do and it can already imagine some of the shots. These are great.

Most reactions

Back