Sports photos first attempt (10 photos)

albo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, this is my first attempt at taking sports photos, this weekend... Garryowen vs UL Bohs... Comments / Suggestions are welcome :)

(No post-processing was done, just cropping and resizing to make it easier to fit on this forum)

1:
Kick.jpg

A little bit over exposed I know... The girl's jacket is just a white blob :(... He missed the kick...

2:
Place.jpg

Same guy placing the ball for another shot...

3:
Ruck1.jpg

Again a bit overexposed...

4:
Catch.jpg

This would have been my favourite if it wasn't for the blurring! :( Trying to figure out if it was camera shake or focus... Can't remember the particular exposure settings...

5:
Scrum1.jpg

Kind of like this one...

6:
Ruck2.jpg

Slightly better one of a ruck

7:
Scrum2-1.jpg

This is my favourite one I think... Any suggestions on what could be done / have been done to improve this?

8:
Maul.jpg

Not sure how to crop this one, I am thinking something like...

9:
MaulCrop1.jpg

...this

10:
Tackle.jpg

I actually like this one, apart from the slight underexposure. Not sure whether to rotate it back to "upright"... you lose some of the action or else have white triangles at the corners... Also the diagonal picture gives a kind of acticious feeling... Final score was 18-5 to Garryowen in case you're curious :)

they look good some look a little out of focus...a lot better than any sports photography that i have done...nice colors too!

Yeah I was using the auto-focus mainly but when they are running around so much it's hard to keep the auto-focus sample point (or whatever it's called) accurate...

Thankfully the weather was reasonably good so no need for long exposures.

Most reactions

Back