Spyder 3 Pro - Color space question

Right, and I normally don't have proofing on at all.

OK, just tried this again. It's tricky because when you change your default Windows color profile you have to restart Photoshop. Here are the results....

If I set Windows Color Management default to Spyder then Photoshop no proof or proof sRGB look the same, but Monitor Display is more saturated.

If I set Windows Color Management default to sRGB then Photoshop no proof, proof sRGB or Monitor Display all look saturated.

So maybe it is back to normal?

Right, and I normally don't have proofing on at all.

OK, just tried this again. It's tricky because when you change your default Windows color profile you have to restart Photoshop. Here are the results....

If I set Windows Color Management default to Spyder then Photoshop no proof or proof sRGB look the same, but Monitor Display is more saturated.

If I set Windows Color Management default to sRGB then Photoshop no proof, proof sRGB or Monitor Display all look saturated.

So maybe it is back to normal?

Windows Color Management should be set to your Spyder display profile. Photoshop should be set to no proof unless you have an ICC device dependent profile (read: your printer) installed. Do not proof to sRGB or the Monitor profile. Photoshop no proof and Firefox should then look the same.

Joe

OK, so there are three places to specify the default profile in Windows Color Management.

Devices tab>ICC Profiles
All Profiles tab>ICC Profiles (Add /Remove)
Advanced tab> Device Profile (Dropdown)

Does one change all 3 or just the Devices tab?

OK, so there are three places to specify the default profile in Windows Color Management.

Devices tab>ICC Profiles
All Profiles tab>ICC Profiles (Add /Remove)
Advanced tab> Device Profile (Dropdown)

Does one change all 3 or just the Devices tab?

Devices tab -- your Spyder display profile should show as default.
All Profies -- nothing to do here.
Advanced tab -- you Spyder display profiles should show as the Device Profile.

Joe

Got to run to the grocery store -- I'll check back and see how you're doing later.

Joe

Only lets me specify one. I have two monitors.

Only lets me specify one. I have two monitors.

Back under the Device tab you can chose between your two monitors.

Also make sure the system settings are the same.

monitor_profile.jpg

Joe

Thanks Ysarex. On the Advanced tab if you put in one monitor profile and go back to the Devices tab you'll see you can't specify one for each monitor. Not sure how to work around that.

Ugh, feel like I'm getting nowhere. Got my Spyder profiles for monitors one and two but any screenshots I make from Firefox and paste into Photoshop (without proofing on) are all washed out. Something seems really messed up. Any way to reset everything, maybe uninstall and reinstall Datacolor and try again?

Ugh, feel like I'm getting nowhere. Got my Spyder profiles for monitors one and two but any screenshots I make from Firefox and paste into Photoshop (without proofing on) are all washed out. Something seems really messed up. Any way to reset everything, maybe uninstall and reinstall Datacolor and try again?

I was just going to post that you should be able to set a Spyder profile for each display -- sounds like you've done that.

Screenshots do not have assigned ICC profiles -- they are not color managed. You can't compare the color in a screenshot with anything. Once you place a screenshot in Photoshop you could try Edit > Assign Profile and see if that helps but a screenshot is not color managed.

You can open the same file in both Firefox and Photshop and place the two windows side by side to compare.

Joe

Most reactions

Back