Start adventure with photography and buy camera

RozaRoza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello!
Since I was a child, I have liked photography. I never had enough time to develop my passion. However now I have decided to start my adventure with it. I am looking for a professional camera but I don't know much about it. Could you give me some advice or recommendation? Unfortunately, I have a limited budget of about 800 euro for this purchase. Which one should I choose and why so (advantages etc)? I am waiting for your responses and thanks a lot for any kind of help.

First of all, what do you mean by "professional camera"? Do you simply mean a DSLR; that is a digital camera with interchangeable lenses or do you genuinely mean a camera that a professional photographer would use? 800 Euro should be plenty to get you into a consumer grade DSLR, especially if you buy second-hand. You're going to find that the offerings from all of the big companies are fairly similar at a given price point. What I recommend is that you go to a real 'brick and mortar' camera store and try the various models from Canon, Nikon, Pentax, etc and find which feels comfortable to you. Your hands may not suit the Canon, but the Nikon might feel perfect. Additionally, availability of accessories in your area is a consideration. There might be a Pentax dealer just down the road, but no one is selling Olympus gear in your country...

For Your budget I would personally recommend the Fujifilm X-T20 with the 18-55mm kit lens which when bought together as a a kit I think is around 880 euro.

I recommend this for the following reasons:
Quality both of camera and kit lens (this kit lens is arguably the best "kit" lens offered by any company)
The 18-55mm stabilized kit lens is a very versatile range that will work well in most situations.
Fuji just makes fantastic lenses all around for a reasonable cost so expanding your lens options is affordable while still retaining great image and build quality.
Its a small compact very capable kit great for travel or just keeping in your bag everywhere you go. The best camera you have is the one you always have with you.
It is more than packed with all the features/ bells and whistles you will need to learn easily and grow into more advanced techniques
Its easy to use
jpeg in camera process setting such as sharpness, tone control, and film simulations, etc straight out of camera are arguable some of the best in the industry. Really great until you move into RAW editing if you choose to ever do that.
Its a very popular kit so if you decide it or photography is not for you it will be able to sell easily and get most your money back.
Its just a "fun" camera. Enjoying the experience of picture taking is just as important as anything else.

For this price range I really cant think of any significant downsides to this camera lens combo or that id rather have personally.

In my opinion one of the best camera brands is Nikon. I have Nikon Coolpix A900 and I'm so glad so I can recommend You that camera :1398: It has a big optical zoom and Wifi. This camera is really good for the novice user. What's more price is nice (about 400e). Try it! :1247:

For Your budget I would personally recommend the Fujifilm X-T20 with the 18-55mm kit lens which when bought together as a a kit I think is around 880 euro.

I recommend this for the following reasons:
Quality both of camera and kit lens (this kit lens is arguably the best "kit" lens offered by any company)
The 18-55mm stabilized kit lens is a very versatile range that will work well in most situations.
Fuji just makes fantastic lenses all around for a reasonable cost so expanding your lens options is affordable while still retaining great image and build quality.
Its a small compact very capable kit great for travel or just keeping in your bag everywhere you go. The best camera you have is the one you always have with you.
It is more than packed with all the features/ bells and whistles you will need to learn easily and grow into more advanced techniques
Its easy to use
jpeg in camera process setting such as sharpness, tone control, and film simulations, etc straight out of camera are arguable some of the best in the industry. Really great until you move into RAW editing if you choose to ever do that.
Its a very popular kit so if you decide it or photography is not for you it will be able to sell easily and get most your money back.
Its just a "fun" camera. Enjoying the experience of picture taking is just as important as anything else.

For this price range I really cant think of any significant downsides to this camera lens combo or that id rather have personally.

Thank for your answer! You really help me. I would like try this model. Your comment describe this camera very good!

Hello and welcome.......The camera market is huge but it all depends on what you need to do and your budget of course. Good luck.....

Most reactions

Back