Just because you want to be a 'serious' photographer, that doesn't mean you need to 'go pro'.
Now that digital cameras and printers have become much less expensive, and photography is much more convenient than formerly, everyone thinks he can become a 'pro'. The already crowded field does not need new entrants.
That said, if you really want to 'go pro', it would behoove you to study and work with a true 'pro' for several years, perhaps as a studio assistant; otherwise you won't have any credibility whatsoever as a 'pro'. I worked in the commercial field for a couple of years. From this I determined that I wanted nothing to do with 'pro' work ever again.
:meh:
If you think there is a huge market for landscape photos, be aware that everyone else who bought a digital Rebel within the last year thinks so too...so who is going to buy your photos?
:lmao: