Alright, i'm not trying to make a living out of this business nor am I looking to make photography a profession of mine in any way. I'm simply wanting to recoup a little bit of money from when I go on rides with people and take pictures of them, or when I attend my buddies MX races or something. I appreciate the polite replies, those helped. As for the negative, rude ones I don't see the need for that. I simply asked one question. Yeah i'm sure there are plenty of threads about this, i'm on 28.8kbps dial up though so it takes enough effort to just get one post done. If you didn't have anything positive to say in reply to my simple question, why even read my thread in the first place?
So, all that ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ means you're looking to do retail photography.
Check out
www.zenfolio.com. For $100 a year you can have a pro account and put your photos up in galleries. (you'll do better with your own domain name rather than having Zenfolio as part of your web site URL.)
Zenfolio is partnered with the great online print lab Mpix and people can buy your photos right there. Zenfolio will handle the money and forward it all to you, less their cut for their part of the work.
Mpix will print and ship directly to your buyer.
All you have to do is upload your photos, price the photos (gatta have the pro account to ne able to do that) and whatever other products you want to offer, like mounting and/or framing, standouts, stretched canvas, coffee mugs, whatever Mpix has to offer.
If you prefer, byhaving a pro Zenfolio account you can fulfill all the orders yourself or only offer digital downloads and Zenfolio's cut get sunstantaill reduced since they are less involved.
Beyond that, all you need to take care of is promoting and marketing your work and your Zenfolio site.
Easy peezy, extra cheezy. :thumbup: