Steeplechase 2013 For Review/C&C

Kblc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Steeplechase.jpg

Please feel free to provide any feedback you feel is warranted. I don't want to give much background info on the image; I am simply looking for impressions, opinions, thoughts, etc. I will provide a little technical info however:

Camera: Mamiyaflex TLR 120
Film: Kodak TMAX 120 - ISO100
Lens: Sekkor (spelling?) 35mm f/2.8
F-Stop: f/11
Handheld

I'm not qualified to comment of the use of film. It may be a little over exposed but that's a matter of taste, I know some people here love that look. I would have tried to avoid cutting off the elbow and the side of the hat (whether I'd have succeeded or not is a different matter).

Now my thoughts and impressions. What strikes me most about this shot is that the young lady in focus and in the foreground is somehow unconnected to the shot because of her mirrored shades. The lady in the background has stolen the shot, even though she's slightly OOF. The look on her face, the half smile and her eyes... not sure, it's almost like a shot taken of the wife with the secret mistress behind looking smug.

LOL! You did ask for "...impressions, opinions, thoughts, etc."

I'm not qualified to comment of the use of film. It may be a little over exposed but that's a matter of taste, I know some people here love that look. I would have tried to avoid cutting off the elbow and the side of the hat (whether I'd have succeeded or not is a different matter).

Now my thoughts and impressions. What strikes me most about this shot is that the young lady in focus and in the foreground is somehow unconnected to the shot because of her mirrored shades. The lady in the background has stolen the shot, even though she's slightly OOF. The look on her face, the half smile and her eyes... not sure, it's almost like a shot taken of the wife with the secret mistress behind looking smug.

LOL! You did ask for "...impressions, opinions, thoughts, etc."

That is so scandalous! But makes total sense. :lmao:

I think this one could go either way, tighter or wider. Still, I like it.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I was on the fence with this and needed some more eyes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back