Steppin on toes

sportshots

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My liitle cousin is getting married in June and I plan on taking alot of pictures. What tips or advice do you have so that I will not intrude the photographers space or "step on his toes". Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Don't sneak up behind the photog and shoot his/her set-ups.

Shoot your own shots only.

when the photographers not looking at the end switch CF cards with him ;)

and RUN

Do a search. We get this question about once a week.

Yeah, the biggest thing is not to even have your camera out of the bag while they are making images that they set up and pose themselves. The bride and groom will probably sign a contract with some sort of provision that there will be no other photographers that will be makeing those images. Also doing so will seriously slow down the process and long portrait sessions before/after the ceremony will only serve to aggrivate the bride and groom. Candids, knock yourself out. Bridal party poses at the altar, et al. leave them alone. Cutting the cake, first dance, throwing the bouquet, knock yourself out. Just pay attention to where the photographer is and stay the heck out of their way. And have a ball.

Shoot what you want to shoot just stay out of their way. I would not say you should not shoot any of the setups because the in between shots can make for som very excellent images just try from a very diffrent angle and try using a long lens so noone knows you are shooting.

I always stipulated that there be NO other photographers present during the portrait sessions. Made for some quick shooting which was part of the appeal. Might check with the bride and groom just to make sure rather than saying 'hell with it' and stepping on those proverbial toes, eh?

just for fun, when i went to my buddies wedding last november, my wife and i each took our cameras, and she took pics of the photog. silly girl. :D

I always stipulated that there be NO other photographers present during the portrait sessions. Made for some quick shooting which was part of the appeal. Might check with the bride and groom just to make sure rather than saying 'hell with it' and stepping on those proverbial toes, eh?
Well that seems like stepping onthe toes of a whole lot of family and friends unnecesarily. There are always so many people who want to take pictures at weddings how could you even consider such a thing it really just seems rude on it's face to even suggest it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back