Still trying

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm still trying to get familiar with all the functions on my camera [Canon570is] and I've been trying to get a macro \close-up that will turn out in focus. With the cold and miserable weather there hasn't been a lot to work with, but I think I'm getting better....

Oh, and you'll never believe what I used to diffuse the built in flash - a sheet of Angel Soft toilet paper! :lol: These are some macros of faux flowers on a wreath, and some clsoe-ups of some decorative things in my kitchen.

C&C welcome and appreciated.

IMG_0340cropPB.jpg

closecrop2PB.jpg

IMG_0341cropPB.jpg

IMG_0363PB.jpg

IMG_0364PB.jpg

IMG_0371cropPB.jpg

IMG_0358PB.jpg

IMG_0353cropPB.jpg

IMG_0354cropPB.jpg

closecrop.jpg

i might not know too much but i feel like the flash is too strong in 4 and 5 but very nice pictures other then that pretty much

"Angel Soft works Wonders" :D :D :D

You did well in wanting to diffuse the on-camera flash, otherwise these close-ups would not have looked as good as they now do! I do like your experiments with the flower made from cloth, mostly so Photo 2.

The grape pics don't convince me as much, since the direct flash reflects so much off them, Angel Soft or no Angel Soft ;), and for the kitchen door ornament you might have wanted to step a half step back to also include its bottom into your frame.

I like them. I've never thought of using angel soft, but I have used 2 layers of wax paper to defuse my on camera flash. I will have to give your way a go sometime.

You did well in wanting to diffuse the on-camera flash, otherwise these close-ups would not have looked as good as they now do!

Yes, I learned my lesson last time with trying to take close ups with a built in flash. I was going to try crumpled plastic wrap, but thought it might not diffuse the flash enough so went with the TP. lol

i might not know too much but i feel like the flash is too strong in 4 and 5

I agree, the lighting is a bit harsh

I've never thought of using angel soft, but I have used 2 layers of wax paper to defuse my on camera flash.

I'll have to give the wax paper a try too.

Thanks for the comments.

looking good just keep taking pictures!

Thanks edtek & everlastingphotography.

do you have a tripod? if not try just using "natural" angles...use a stationary object as a tripod to steady the camera and set the timer...ditch the use of the flash

Thanks Mesoam, I've been looking into getting a tripod, come spring I'm going to need one for flowers and bugs. I'm hoping to find something lightweight yet sturdy and inexpensive.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back