What's new

Stoke on Trent Train Station

IMO this is a good image, with lots of interest...
1. A well exposed night sky with clouds and stars.
2. An interesting facade with a lot of geometric features, held together with a very good symmetrical composition.
3. An image of two halves (a stately top half, and an active lower half c/w well captured motion blur of the people).
4. A great range of lighting, from night sky to inside artificial lighting (all with a good WB control!)
5. Subtle light trails from the passing cars, which do not shout look at me!
6. All well processed and yes, it is a HDR!

As you may gather I really like this image, interesting and well executed.

Well done!
 
Thank you for that, in depth! I find I am using the exposure fusion more and more as you get the nice subtle blend without the garish tone mapping settings and with much much less noise!
 
Freaky sky. Like it.

You will never get it all with exposure.
 
Nah, I just make the most with what I have! I like exposure fusion though because it's not HDR, it just steals the best parts!
 
I love the processing, but the angle is really offputting.

You need to straighten it imo.
 
This is a beautiful shot!
But~
I feel it'd be better if you'd up the contrast--especially if you shot this in RAW--and/or mess with the levels a bit, because it looks a little ... washed out, I guess?
Still think it's pretty, though~

EDIT
Here's what I mean.
$86973263447b7974f9cab2.webp

Upped the contrast, lowered the gamma slightly, upped the saturation just a bit to make things pop.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom