Stone cold (cemetery)

Alexandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My first attempts at cemetery photo... i don't particularily like these shots and they are 6 out of 217 so the rest is pretty pathetic, but for your viewing pleasure, here they are.
yeah, all b&w and and a smashing majority of angels :)

Chiller, if you see this, I :hail: to you and any of your advice is more than welcome.

Cemnddn.jpg

Cemnddn1.jpg

Cemnddn2.jpg

Cemnddn5.jpg

Cemnddn7.jpg

6. ...and the creepy one
Cemnddn3.jpg

Now you know i'm gonna like these! 1 has great tones and comp, i like three for the same reasons, and 6 is just outright good. i'm sure chiller is gonna love it :thumbup:

Alexandra said:
so... you like'em? *uncurls from shame corner*
thank you guys, i'm feeling better bout them now :)

#6 is one of my favorite photos you've ever posted! Nothing at all to be ashamed about =)

#6 is very nice!

It looks like you had some very tough light to work with? Your subjects and compo are good...maybe try and go back with some better lighting.

thanks guys! :mrgreen:

Wood: yeah, the light sucked. the sun was too awfully bright, but i tried using it for the silhouettes. the place is about 20mins from my school so i'm thinking of going back after class someday to catch the sunset :D

Alex...these are beautiful. Awesome captures. 1 and 6 really standout for me. I would love to see the first one in person.
If ya can,try Craigs suggestion . It will help with your lighting. I know most of the cemeteries here in Toronto would frown on bringing a large piece of board there, but you might be able to get away with it there.
Excellent job on the comp too. I keep going back to look at the last shot. Very cool.

OH NO now you are going to get the Cemetery Shooting Bug and it will forever haunt, take it from someone who knows!

After shooting many a Cemetery, I now only shoot them on cloudy days or very early in the morning or late in the day if I can help it. Also I don't know if you know this or not, but most older Christian Cemteries are situated so the head stones face East (at least in North America and Europe) so that the people burried there face the rising sun, and the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem. This tradition however has not been heavily practiced over the last 100 years or so

1, 3 and 6 are my favourites... the mood of 1 is great, i love the angle of 3 - and 6 is just fantastic! :)

These are great, as the others have said number 6 is sweet. I'm also partial to number 3, nice work.

wow! thanks for the sweet comments, everybody :hugs:

Craig, Carl: I'll try the foamcore for sure! there's barely any surveillance around there and anyway i don't mind the occasionnal wierd looks. the only thing i don't wanna get is "wtf are you doing on my husband's grave?", lol!

Wally: That's incredible! now that i think of it, i was there yesterday a few hours before the sunset and the sun was exactly behind the stones, so this really works! thank you, that's gonna help me a lot :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back