Stonehenge

nice looking shot

dont suppose you've ever seen that footage that was found in the news archives from the fifties (i think) about stonehenge? I shows tractors and cranes re-arranging the stones to make them look more appealing to tourists.

I like your processing here!

spako said:
Wow! What a great picture!
I was in Stonehenge 10 years ago as a student but didn't want to spend the money to get in... so I stayed outside on the road to look at it.. I wish I could go back there and get in ...

beanfield01.jpg

Image: (interview with) Phil Shakesby

Big, tough policemen beat-up dangerous hippies peddling filthy ideas
about peaceful co-existence...

Please never pay to get into Stonehenge - a little bird told me that some people walk east about 500 meters down the A303 and climb over the little barbed-wire fence, then walk back up the field onto the peripheral-footpath...but far be it for me to condone such behaviour, right ?

Stonehenge was appropriated from its intended free communal-ownership by English Heritage...in 1985 certain units of the
UK 'police' brutalised and hospitalised peaceful women and children (e.g
drag a pregnant woman by her hair through a broken windshield) /others practising their rights to travel to and congregate at 'the stones' in celebration of the Solstice festival. These government-thugs smashed faces / broke bones, trashed/impounded/vandalised vehicles, destroyed property, wrecked lives...for what ?? because the rainbow-folk didn't fit the Thatcher Dynamic, because how they chose to live made them 'outside of social-conditioning' ..a threat to fascist control.

romans.gif

JohnMF said:
nice looking shot

dont suppose you've ever seen that footage that was found in the news archives from the fifties (i think) about stonehenge? I shows tractors and cranes re-arranging the stones to make them look more appealing to tourists.

Kinda takes the mystery away a bit doesn't it :(

2framesbelowzero, I remember the police fighting with the hippies in the 80's. I've seen a fantastic B&W fisheye photo of a party in full swing there from the 70's. Cant for the life of me find it now.

Thanks for the comments folks :)

Mohain

Stunning shot Mo. One of the best Stonehenge shots I have seen.

Most reactions

Back