Strobist: Post your photos and setups

PNWSGM said:
BONUS Shot: 3 minute exposure.

Just curious, did you make any attempts to light the car and do a three-minute exposure? That last shot would have been sweet with some subtle lighting on the car as well.

Great job though, on all the shots, especially for a first-time Strobist!

Nope. I was considering having my buddy fire the flashes manually every few seconds, however he was literally laying in the middle of the road (Closed on one end) because he was so tired. I don't like how the stars are all showing motion. However I wish I could have captured them with a faster shutter speed but the image was just too dark. Also, this was taken in the middle of nowhere, it was so dark out that you couldn't even see the car through the viewfinder.

Thank you!

They only have to fire once. A longer shutter doesn't diminish the exposure from a flash. Doing the previous shot with a long shutter would have netted you the car exposed the same with a lighter sky.

2 Light Strobist by NOLA_2T, on Flickr

Sb600 in DIY beauty dish camera left
YN-460II bare camera right.

Still experimenting and trying to get a feel for a 2 light setup

SRW_3177-Edit.jpg

SRW_3189.jpg

One glass stacked on top of the other to appear to be a reflection

This may be my first time getting into trouble as its pushing the envelope... but 4 lights used here. 2 gelled and 2 with simple umbrella setups.

Last edited by a moderator:
MomSon-0001-X2.jpg
MomSon-0002-X2.jpg

Can't decide which version I like better. So I posted them both lol

1/250, f/8, ISO 400, 165mm, D300s
1- SB-800 through 24" softbox just on my left shoulder and in front of me a few feet. Sun for back/rim light.

Sb600 through a 3x2 softbox with eggcrate and inner baffle on a boom camera right at about 45 degrees and just above the head.

8042582585_aaf2b1ee6c_c.jpg

SkateboardSample-0001-L.jpg

SkateboardSampleLights-0001-L.jpg

First time doing skateboarding. How'd I do? Honest C&C is always welcomed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back