Strobist: Post your photos and setups

Yep, they fall off all the time. (I have the ones from last year before they put the locks on them-could be part of the problem!) But I'm also bad about swinging several cameras, and tossing them in the grass during setups. I drive my hubby (shooting in the above photo) absolutely BONKERS when I do that. I need "childproof/bombproof" gear!

I cheated on this one...I manually triggered the flash with the PW somewhere in between the open 30 sec shutter. During our camping trip over the summer. f2.8 30 sec exposure. Flash at 128th power inside the tent.

6216062337_63701565e6_b.jpg

6208504590_cebfe504ea_o.jpg

pear_by_noxire-d47k4yv.jpg

Forgot to mention that the flash to the left in the diagram was higher than the subject and pointed down 30° (but you probably saw that :))

Cheers

Edit: Euuhm also i noticed that there is wrong with my diagram, the umbrella to the left is supposed to be in front of the subject more maybe 30-40° and i have placed it from the back, this shows that i need to sleep before doing stuff like this.

Nikon D7000
Nikkor 85mm f/1.8
(2) SB600's
First flash in the front shot through a 24x24 softbox
Second flash from behind and to the side shot through a translucent umbrella

Edited in Lightroom 3

2ikb0ap.jpg

vrzsqw.jpg

Last edited:
One bare flash(580 EXII) camera right on a lightstick hand held at 1/4 power. I think I should've stopped down the ambient >f16 to get a distinct sun.

6247028332_b1155fc40e_o.jpg

This is a wonderful image you made! I love the lighting, pose, and angle! It is amazing to see the shot compared to your lighting setup, both images are compelling! The sand looks so much different from that low angel. Really cool!

What program is it, that everyone is drawing diagrams of their setups in?

Most reactions

Back