Stuck.

PhotoXopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightartisan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is what happens in rural Minnesota when you stop to take a photograph of a beautiful sunrise over a silhouetted farm.

Oddly enough, I like the photo of my Suburban better than the sunrise that caused the incident. :lol:

4364940509_b4edee5775_b.jpg

The photograph:

4365709766_eb3b8ee781_b.jpg

Is the crater around the front right from you trying to dig it out?
That sucks. I almost got stuck Monday night driving home from Columbus, OH.

Dig? :lol:

No, that's from me driving back and forth trying to get out - unfortunately the dropoff was very steep and I couldn't get the tire to hop over it.

Thanks! I probably will, was just too frustrated this morning to do much editing.

You should clone out any evidence that you were stuck... then maybe you wont be so frustrated.... then maybe clone in some hot chick in a bikini sitting on your hood... and an ice chest full of beer next to your truck....

Why bother with an ice chest? Plenty of snow to keep it cold :)

Damn, doesn't that suck when snows hides stuff like that little ditch?

When I see the photograph, all I can do is start armchair quarterbacking on ways to have gotten out.

4wd?

Well-done shot of the Suburban in the ditch.

As far as the telephone wires--I think they are positioned almost perfectly. They're a fact of modern life,and in this example, they serve as a nice reference of scale. Bummer on that ditch cruise...I hate to see that.

. . . As far as the telephone wires--I think they are positioned almost perfectly. They're a fact of modern life,and in this example, they serve as a nice reference of scale. . .
I disagree. I think the farm and silos are enough of a reference of scale. And we make adjustments for trials of modern life all the time. There is no need to allow something to dissect the sky.

You should clone out any evidence that you were stuck... then maybe you wont be so frustrated.... then maybe clone in some hot chick in a bikini sitting on your hood... and an ice chest full of beer next to your truck....
What an awesome idea.

I've pulled off many a time to take a shot.
But remember....the lines are your friends! Keep one set of wheels on the white line!

The sunset was worth the pull over.

I think the Suburban itself is enough to give a sense of scale. I do find the power lines extremely distracting though. Here I am, trying to enjoy that beautiful gray sky, and what do I see?? Power lines!

:lmao:

How did you end up getting out?

I used to (sadly, not much anymore) do a ton of 4 wheeling, so I am usually well equipped to get myself out of situations like that. ...Though, it doesn't really look like there is anything to tie off to.

Yeah, nothing for quite a long way... closest thing was a stop sign about 50 yards down the road, that would have folded like a noodle. I had my tow strap with me because I'm usually the one doing the pulling out.

I've got AAA so I figured I'd just call them, enjoy the rest of my coffee and takes some pictures. Got some use out of my $102/year plan anyway.

Most reactions

Back