What's new

student photographer in new york

Erica's website said:
"I would be happy to provide you with some incredible shots that I have yet to post online."

Serve 'em up!
 
i dont wish to be mean, but the photos on your site are mostly out of focus, contain tons of noise, or just appear to be snapshots of random things/people.

i too would be interested in seeing those incredible shots you speak of.
 
Dont really get why people pay 4 years of tution for photography degrees, when they could spend the money on top end gear.
 
Dont really get why people pay 4 years of tution for photography degrees, when they could spend the money on top end gear.
So... you're saying the best photographers are the people with the most expensive cameras? Interesting. Here I was thinking there was talent and learnable skills involved. Who knew!
 
Dont really get why people pay 4 years of tution for photography degrees, when they could spend the money on top end gear.
So... you're saying the best photographers are the people with the most expensive cameras? Interesting. Here I was thinking there was talent and learnable skills involved. Who knew!

I think the point was that instead of spending so much money on tuition, spend it on high end gear.

No where did I get that he said great photographers all have high end gear.

Last I checked, you can't buy talent, so it was an alternative to spend the money on that would, in his opinion, serve the end result better.

No need to instigate flames and such on the forums.
 
Dont really get why people pay 4 years of tution for photography degrees, when they could spend the money on top end gear.

Actually, there is a good reason. So that you can teach. Now, with a photography degree rather than an art degree, it's got to be pretty limited so I tend to agree with you.

Still, I am not unhappy to have taken some classes in an art school. Both my design classes and my law class have been extremely useful.

But the main thing to think about is that some people are not very good at learning on their own. They need a structured environment. So be it. And, it is not your money :lol:

That said, I'm not sure what you're asking for Erica. Are you asking for comments on the site or the photos?
 
I applaud anyone who goes to school for photography or any other passion. Only a fool thinks they have nothing to learn. Erica, keep taking pictures and refining your skills. Your pictures and site show promise.

Remember the words of pro golfer Fuzzy Zeller in a golf equipment commercial-
"You can buy the clubs, but the swing is mine"
 
Not bad, they have a distinct photojournalistic feel to them IMO. Just work on your focusing.

You go to Tisch you said, you should put a good word in for me ;). I'm applying early decision there this fall.
 
I like the one of the little girl roasting the marshmallow! I like your "style," just wish some of them were more in focus.
 
this is a little off topic..but your website is annoying, having it open a new tab just to look at a picture? really?
 
it's not even her site? for some reason she's posting w/ her friends name on behalf of her friend?

confusing
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom