Studio Lighting

maxalmon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm trying to decided on one of the package deals thats offered on ebay.

My budget is $300-400 maybe a little more. I'm mainly doing interior shots of homes as thats the bulk of my business. Some of the homes have huge rooms and I mean HUGE and then some are normal sized. I would like the system to be somewhat flexible in allowing me to use it for various projects, my intention is to upgrade the lighting in several months and I just need something to get me thru till then

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Studio-Flash-...hZ019QQcategoryZ30087QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I do some real estate shooting and I can suggest more speedlights. They are the best because you can hide them almost anywhere and they are inexpensive compared to a studio strobe. Right now I have three and at times I could use more. That would be my suggestion.

I can't believe I beat Jerry to this, Strobist. check lighting 101 & 102.

If you insist on going studio this or this might work (just stuff that has been suggested to me I'm looking for a light for some basic portrait/figure or tabletop setups though. These setups are actually better than the one you linked to and cheaper because of the lack of stuff you're not going to use and might actually last without upgrading if they're not abused. These suggestions are of course only based on online research not actual use. If not familiar with lighting I would read the strobist blog as almost everything there can be applied to studio strobes as well but from my research most low-end monolight setups are around the same price as a strobist setup but have more power. Another option of course is just invest in a good tripod and don't worry about lighting as long as you have no animate objects in the scene.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back