Studio shoot

neogfx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From two recent studio shoots.
Some of these will be heading to my portfolio so let me know what you like, what you don't like etc.
Cheers.

IMG_0033copy2.jpg

James2.jpg

James1.jpg

James4.jpg

Jem1.jpg

Jon1.jpg

Jon2.jpg

Leigh2.jpg

Leigh3.jpg

Riby2.jpg

Riby4edit.jpg

Simon1.jpg

Simon2.jpg

Theboys1.jpg

Theboys2.jpg

Image 5 is Jem Southam. He is one of the top landscape photographers in the UK at the moment, and I am lucky enough to have him as a tutor on my University degree course.

It happens that number 5 is my favorite. The photograph makes him look so interesting, I imagine he is.
I like high contrast myself but number 11, ebing as awesome as it is, his finger that is pointing blends in with his face. Or course, it doesn't kill itthough because I get the point but I'm just sayin. LOL

He is very interesting, great guy. The amount of hilarious stories he tells us about what happens to him on some of his photographic excursions.
Thanks for the comments, I may try and burn that finger in a little, see what I come up with.

Bump

Comments anyone?

Is that a red mole on his forehead? Sorry, it is distracting to me. Maybe you can tone down the color of it in PS. Other then that I like the poses and #9 is my favorite.

Nah he got hit by something the previous night after leaving the pub. lol
I'll clone it out later, thanks for pointing it out, hadn't even noticed.
I like #9 myself, and #8. I try and steer clear from the traditional portrait pose when I do my portraiture. I find it dull and uninspiring.

Wow, so many views but only two responses?

I like number 6. The use of light really creates a great solemn mood for me. Is he a solemn guy? Do you know your models? Do you get to know them first? What is your intent when you take someone's photograph? (Sorry if this is a lot of questions. As a portrait photographer, I get curious!)

#4...I wish that apple were greener to contrast with his red shirt.

There's a lot of images here. You could edit down even more. I'd choose 1, 6 and 13 as my top 3. Good use of lighting.

#11 looks a little blown out on the left side but I like the idea of that exagerated expression quite a bit!

lol number 6 is me. :) I'm not solemn, but I am quite pensive, I think a lot.
I know all of these people personally. When I shoot people I don't know I try to get to know them a little first. When I photograph people I try to capture at least an essence of their personality.
I also prefer exaggerated stances like #11 because 1)it aids in portraying a character, and 2)I damn hate traditional posed portraits, I like something a bit more conceptual, contemporary, and basically interesting.
#11 I upped the contrast quite a bit, I wanted a really punchy in your face exposure to add to the pose and expression in the image. I actually really like it, but I know it won't be to everyone's tastes.

And I never mind questions about my work, so fire away.

lol number 6 is me. :) I'm not solemn, but I am quite pensive, I think a lot.

Ah ha! Well that could be why this is such a strong image! Well done and pensive is also a better word than solemn. I'd love to see portraits of people you do not know so well and see how you capture that essence. Genuinely curious!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back