Stunning Young Model II

Erik McCormick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Met up with Brooke and her mother the other day. They are wanting Brooke to try and get into modeling, so they came to me to take some photos. Here are a few:

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Taken with Nikon D700 and all natural light (no flash or reflectors).

very very very nice. What glass did you use to take these? Also, did you use a tripod ?

I didn't use a tripod. I don't think I've ever used one to do portraits! The first photo I believe was taken with a Sigma 150 f/2.8 and the rest were taken with the Sigma 70-200 f/2.8. And thank you for the comments

Nice photos. I really like your post work. I think the one critique that come to me on almost all of these photos, is 'hair control'. First, photo the hairs going against the grain on top of her head bother me, second photo; the clump of sticking up hair, at the top of the frame bothers me; third photo, the stray bit sticking into her neck bothers me; fourth photo is good; and fifth photo, the few stray hairs that stick into or near her right eye bother me. She has awesome hair with great energy to it, but that always comes at the price of keeping it in line.

Taken with Nikon D700 and all natural light (no flash or reflectors).
a) My hat off to you young man :) <-- a PERSON WHO UNDERSTANDS LIGHTING!!!
b) great composition, use of environment.
c) what the H*** am I going on - LOOK AT (A)
GREAT JOB!!!

I found these beautiful and inspiring. I hope to some day be able to shoot even close to this level of photo. Even if there is a way to improve on these, I would be as proud as I could be to be able to replicate what you have done in these.
Great job and thanks for posting!

I love these. In order to get that effect do you have to use those settings? My lense will only go down to 3.5? Just getting stated would love the input.

Very nice. She has really interesting eyes, I think you would want to showcase them more and take more close-ups like the first and last pic.

do you have any more photos youre willing to share? id love to see some more

Most reactions

New Topics

Back