Stupid Camera...stupid stupid stupid

goodluk2u

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Okay. Ive decided. Im buying a new freaking camera. Well, to tell you in short, my grandpa was a war-time photographer (He also took photos out of spyplanes, and several of those and other photos I inherited, one of a Nazi concentration camp, Bergen-Belsen) , and after he died, I got all of his cameras, because he was teaching me photography, so, I got his cameras. I chose to use his camera that he used until the point that he died, which is a maybe 10 or 20 year old Minolta X-GM, and recently, its just been flipping out. The lenses are impossible to switch out, when you switch shutter-speeds, sometimes it wont even fire, sometimes (like now) it will just die, and not shoot a photo, even though the lever is cocked, and the battery is full. But, the sad thing is, its just the camera has excellent quality, and is a treasured family item. Maybe, I should just give it to my dad...

Woah. I loaded on the typing there.

Anyway, Ive decided I should get a new camera, a SLR (not going digital, thats what a film scanner is for :D), and am looking for reasonable price, good quality, and if you can, light. Please, any recommendations would be so helpful. Thanks alot!

dlc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
It may be worth a CLA. Take it to a good camera repair and let them inspect it. A CLA will make it like new.

Most reactions

New Topics