Stupid Camera...stupid stupid stupid

goodluk2u

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Okay. Ive decided. Im buying a new freaking camera. Well, to tell you in short, my grandpa was a war-time photographer (He also took photos out of spyplanes, and several of those and other photos I inherited, one of a Nazi concentration camp, Bergen-Belsen) , and after he died, I got all of his cameras, because he was teaching me photography, so, I got his cameras. I chose to use his camera that he used until the point that he died, which is a maybe 10 or 20 year old Minolta X-GM, and recently, its just been flipping out. The lenses are impossible to switch out, when you switch shutter-speeds, sometimes it wont even fire, sometimes (like now) it will just die, and not shoot a photo, even though the lever is cocked, and the battery is full. But, the sad thing is, its just the camera has excellent quality, and is a treasured family item. Maybe, I should just give it to my dad...

Woah. I loaded on the typing there.

Anyway, Ive decided I should get a new camera, a SLR (not going digital, thats what a film scanner is for :D), and am looking for reasonable price, good quality, and if you can, light. Please, any recommendations would be so helpful. Thanks alot!

It may be worth a CLA. Take it to a good camera repair and let them inspect it. A CLA will make it like new.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back