Suggestion for a Voting Poll

People really like beacon in here ha.

Some consider it a harsh policy, but I defend our decision to ban people who don't vote for bacon in polls.

Ok Overread then I love beacon crispy - Hickory flavored,really I do.When I get a new D7100 or D600 I will poor the beacon grease on it.

Hickory flavor bacon dipped in syrup and home made pancakes and some more Bacon.

Andrew; I think what folks are saying is that we value certain member's contributions more than others.

Some members have more to contribute... knowledge and experience counts for a lot!

Knowledge without experience is basically just that... knowledge... sometimes useless without practical application!

Experience without knowledge... that is doing things that hard way, especially if one doesn't learn (knowledge) from the mistakes made.

I'd be in for a poll. :D And ... ^^^^.. this is absolutely true. I don't care what field it's in, knowledge without experience isn't worth a whole lot. Some self-proclaimed scholars and experts may disagree with that.. but then, I doubt those same people have ever actually had to test theory in the real world. I've said it before... anyone can go to the library or get online and learn about the things I've been taught... it's all out there, for anyone to read. But none of those people who sit in their living rooms with stacks of books, or in front of the computer for hours, could hope to DO those things effectively.

I personally value having those highly experienced members here in the forum. Kind of sucks to lose them because the inexperienced run wild or make claims they can't back up. I view that as separate from someone new who just wants to learn.. so I don't think it's a question of whether or not the forum is beginner friendly, but rather a question of how tolerant it is of inexperienced people trying to pass themselves off as experienced and losing truly good photographers in the process.

And BTW, we have Blue & Gold Bacon... best bacon on the planet. Never to be shared with anyone. It's THAT good.

Last edited:
Andrew; I think what folks are saying is that we value certain member's contributions more than others.

Some members have more to contribute... knowledge and experience counts for a lot!

Knowledge without experience is basically just that... knowledge... sometimes useless without practical application!

Experience without knowledge... that is doing things that hard way, especially if one doesn't learn (knowledge) from the mistakes made.

I'd be in for a poll. :D And ... ^^^^.. this is absolutely true. I don't care what field it's in, knowledge without experience isn't worth a whole lot. Some self-proclaimed scholars and experts may disagree with that.. but then, I doubt those same people have ever actually had to test theory in the real world. I've said it before... anyone can go to the library or get online and learn about the things I've been taught... it's all out there, for anyone to read. But none of those people who sit in their living rooms with stacks of books, or in front of the computer for hours, could hope to DO those things effectively.

I personally value having those highly experienced members here in the forum. Kind of sucks to lose them because the inexperienced run wild or make claims they can't back up. I view that as separate from someone new who just wants to learn.. so I don't think it's a question of whether or not the forum is beginner friendly, but rather a question of how tolerant it is of inexperienced people trying to pass themselves off as experienced and losing truly good photographers in the process.

And BTW, we have Blue & Gold Bacon... best bacon on the planet. Never to be shared with anyone. It's THAT good.

I would put it up against:

Fathers Hickory Country Sliced Bacon - 4 Pack-Fathers Country Hams

any day! ;)

You can't buy Blue & Gold in stores.. well, you can if you drive to Jones. Otherwise it's sold in fundraisers once a year. It's the best... Daddy's Hicky Redneck Bacon couldn't even come close. :lmao:

You can't buy Blue & Gold in stores.. well, you can if you drive to Jones. Otherwise it's sold in fundraisers once a year. It's the best... Daddy's Hicky Redneck Bacon couldn't even come close. :lmao:

You can't buy Fathers at stores either... have to order it from Kentucky! It is the old style bacon that doesn't even need refrigeration... they ship it with no dry ice or coolant of any kind. Sausage too. No preservatives except the smoke / salt.

The bacon is good but the b&g sausage is even better.

Hmmm.. guess I'll have to give it a try.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back