Summer things

cdnaiphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took these at my husbands baseball game...let me know what ya think :)

_DSC00913.jpg

_DSC00743.jpg

Did you take these with a camera phone? I just see a lot of noise and everything looks out of focus.

These are terrible.

I would try these again, but with a lower ISO so it's not so noisy. The white balance is also off, but you could fix that in PP. And, most importantly, focus on the baseball ;)

cdnaiphoto
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I think I see what you were trying to do. The focus is on the grass and not the ball. Work on these again and focus on the ball with your ISO set lower.

Whoa guys they're not that terrible. The focus is off the ball which is erally killing them, but I think the concept is cool. As stated there is also a lot of noise so use a lower ISO and try a different white balance setting when you re-shoot these :)

Good concept, sort out the technicial issues as already mentioned, focus, white balance and noise and your good to go. You missed the focus by about an inch and half, you really want the balls stitching clearly defined.

Wow... Harsh! These might not be spot on but unless the images have been changed I don't see what the first few ppl were talking about. Good attempt... The focus (as stated) should be on the ball and not the grass and you could use a change in the ISO but other than that I like the shots.

To Gebeee and fairytale00, try and stick to giving some advice if you have advice to give. Comments such as "These are terrible" and "so terrible" are just rude and are not helpful.

I don't sugar coat my CC but I at least try and help as much as I can.

The only things I see wrong are the focus and white balance. Fix those and you'll be golden. Love the potential of #1.

Beside all that was mentioned above, I think the ball in the 2nd pic is too hidden, needs to show more

Not a camera phone, looks to be a D90, focal length 14mm, 1250 ISO, F2.8, 1/100.

I think you could have done #1 alot better
1. The focus needs to be on the ball
2. Close the aperture down to say 5.6-9, which in turn would make those lights twinkle a little. Not as much as say f22 would though. You would have nice star shaped lights that way.
3. Longer exposure to compensate for the aperture. Looks like you had time in #1

Try them again, try some different exposure techniques and see which you like best.

I can see that you put some thought into these. It looks like you were going for a narrow DoF with the ball in focus, and the background out of focus. If you're doing this, you need to make sure you nail focus on the ball. Nice try, but I think you'll need to attempt this again.

To the posters above me who said these were terrible: Good job with the constructive criticism. I'm sure it'll really help.

Whoa guys they're not that terrible. The focus is off the ball which is erally killing them, but I think the concept is cool. As stated there is also a lot of noise so use a lower ISO and try a different white balance setting when you re-shoot these :)

digital sucks in general.

Either use manual focus, or 1 spot focus point. You might have to turn on your live view because you will be in a weird angle trying too look at what you are shooting. Other than the out of focus, I think you have a good idea especially with someone in the background.

digital sucks in general.

o rly?

Most reactions

Back