Sun setting along country road.

B

Billy_Smith

This was a direct deliberate shot of the sun setting, the camera in "scene" mode. I was attempting a different approach, looking for extremes of contrast, and do believe i may have achieved just that.

artshow110.jpg

Interesting shot, it has a certain appeal to it and I am going to assume you are looking for C&C. When you said that you had set the camera in "scene" mode, I am going to assume that you have a point and shoot. Don't get me wrong, that is not meant as a criticism, rather a question for clarification, because if it is a point and shoot and you keep going with quality like this, you are going to talk yourself into a DSLR pretty soon.;)

WesternGuy

Interesting shot, it has a certain appeal to it and I am going to assume you are looking for C&C. When you said that you had set the camera in "scene" mode, I am going to assume that you have a point and shoot. Don't get me wrong, that is not meant as a criticism, rather a question for clarification, because if it is a point and shoot and you keep going with quality like this, you are going to talk yourself into a DSLR pretty soon.;)

WesternGuy

You are correct, and i should be adding that to my title so all know. I am on a mission to learn all i can about photography. The camera i have is a point and shoot, i have just recently been learning of the difference between them and the DSLR. I have seen shots on the internet, and used the structure of the shot to try and reproduce with the camera i have as experiments, and most times with failure, after much research have come to find out why. In a sense i have already talked myself into wanting a better rig, it is just the money factor that slows me down on this venture. It will happen eventually.

With this particular shot, i used the "sun set" mode in the scene selection, and literally aimed straight at the sun to see the effect it would have, although through the view finder there was an immense glare from the sun, I was able to focus and take the shot, and well, it turned out better then i had thought of expecting.

I would greatly appreciate any and all feed back on shots im posting, anything that would make them better.

BTW, Einstein is one of my absolute favorites :)

Wow - I love the shot! Did you take this one with a point and shoot or DSLR?

I like the warm, summery feel to this image. The receding utility lines and the big dollop of the sun create quite an impact. :thumbup:

If any adjustment is needed, it is to reduce the amount of apparent chromatic aberration.

I like the warm, summery feel to this image. The receding utility lines and the big dollop of the sun create quite an impact. :thumbup: If any adjustment is needed, it is to reduce the amount of apparent chromatic aberration.
Thank you.. I had to look that up to even know what it meant, but do now, and also see what you are pointing at..

Most reactions

Back