Sunset after thunderstorms in Toronto for C&C

Lazy Photographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
lazyphotographer.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We had some pretty turbulent thunderstorms pass through Toronto last night after dinner. A tornado or two even touched down. After the storm passed, the sky turned totally orange. It was amazing and unreal. Then, as the sun set, the sky did all sorts of funky stuff. I managed to take a bunch of photos leaning out my second floor window. Not much post processing on them. Let me know what you think.

After-The-Storm-46-EDIT.jpg

After-The-Storm-34-EDIT.jpg

After-The-Storm-47-EDIT.jpg

After-The-Storm-29-POSTED.jpg

3 tornadoes touched down in the GTA.. we were on Tornado watch here... got some pretty violent winds, rains and thunder.. but, we survived!

Unfortunatly it was dark here by the time the storm came through, so I didn't get to see the cool skies.

really interesting though.. The weather network was showing some places with a really weird GREEN sky.. its amazing what storms can do.

I'm located just east of the Beaches in east Toronto. It wasn't as bad here, and we were rewarded with some awesome skies afterward. I hear the west and north ends got it much worse.

The telephone pole/wire totally kills it for me. The skies are beautiful, however. Whenever I see an opportunity like this, I usually grab my gear and go to one of a few locations I have already scouted. For a sunset, scout out a location that faces West without any obstructions and just keep it in mind until you need it. Do the same for a sunrise, just make sure it faces East this time.

Thanks. I could PS out those lines, but it's not like I'm doing anything with the photos.

Good point about scouting sunset/sunrise locations. I'm going to write that down. West for sunsets, east for sunrises, right? I think I got it now.
;)

Stunning captures Dave.
the sky looks so mean in the 2nd picture.

luckily no damage in my area.
btw, i tried to catch the rainbow (since i'm such a fairynice guy ... kidding) but couldn't really capture it.

#4 was the best not so sure about the rest and the telophone poles are kinda throwing off the shots as i read some people also posted the same

just a teeny itty little bit of a hint :D.. trust me, the 2 I caught were totally by accident.. not that I accidentally shot them, but that they actually came out ok lol

just a teeny itty little bit of a hint :D.. trust me, the 2 I caught were totally by accident.. not that I accidentally shot them, but that they actually came out ok lol
lol ... meanie
are you trying to get back at me for all those Sony jokes i made :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back