What's new

Surf Shots, 3 for C&C

Thanks for the comments guys, I submitted the first 3 to our regional newspaper to be possibly included in the reader submitted photo's, they usually publish 1 "amatuer" shot per day of local interest.

Got home yesterday and realsied my wife had bought the paper the day before and neither of us had bothered to look, low and behold right on the inside page all 3 published, they looked quite good grouped together.

I set out to get published on Tuesday, managed to get a shot on national TV and 3 in the local rag, goal setting does work huh, lol.

I have also asked a National Surf magazine to take a look at my flickr "surf" stream to see if they would interested in publishing any so far or in the future. Just waiting onthe last one, he has replied that he will have a look in a few days.
 
good pics, but the colors on the 2nd one is a bit off.
 
Thanks for the comments guys, I submitted the first 3 to our regional newspaper to be possibly included in the reader submitted photo's, they usually publish 1 "amatuer" shot per day of local interest.

Got home yesterday and realsied my wife had bought the paper the day before and neither of us had bothered to look, low and behold right on the inside page all 3 published, they looked quite good grouped together.

I set out to get published on Tuesday, managed to get a shot on national TV and 3 in the local rag, goal setting does work huh, lol.

I have also asked a National Surf magazine to take a look at my flickr "surf" stream to see if they would interested in publishing any so far or in the future. Just waiting onthe last one, he has replied that he will have a look in a few days.

Congratulations!!!
 
good pics, but the colors on the 2nd one is a bit off.

Yes it is, I had to do a fair bit of post on that to bring that shot out (in heavy shadow), the guy has slight green colour cast which I have corrected a little better in the crop version.

I like them all! Which lens of yours were you using?

Thanks, I was using the 300mm coupled with the teleconverter.

Congratulations!!!

Thanks.
 
Wow Rob, that is indeed a sick surfing spot! Incredible location, nice light, and somebody who can handle a camera parked behind the eyepiece!!! A winning combo!

Thanks man, appreciate the feedback, I feel that lately everything is coming together piece by piece, putting all the theory (mostly gained from this forum!!!) into practice, and then some more practice.

The hard yards are starting to pay off.
 
Great work! :thumbup::thumbup:

My 2 cents...

#1...

Awesome. I think it might be nicer if the left end of the board were not clipped off...

#2...

"Breaking the rule" and centering the subject in landscape orientation doesn't work well. Portrait crop, yes that would work.

I agree...

#3...

Very nice!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom