Survey for a Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Student

Done. A few notes to add. IMO, many small cards are less worrisome that 1-2 big ones. Cards are cheap and more reliable than most temp backup devices. Laptop always with me as is a small usb powered HD. IF I download in the field, it always is downloaded to both laptop and portable HD, and I usually burn a cd/dvd before packing it up. Only improvement to my current system in my mind would be a solid state memory bank. No spinning HD. Possibly a device that could have multiply CF card slots where all installed cards would look like one larger drive to the laptops OS. Maybe even freestanding with a 3" or larger LCD. Just my .02 worth.

When I travel, I carry my laptop with me as well as a tiny 40 GB USB drive. I also do everything in 2s or 3s, but a 250gb Wolverine unit would save me some travelling weight.

Done. I travel with 5 1Gig cards, and an Epson back-up drive. I will bring a laptop on trips longer than 4 days.

Advice from one grad to another - marry well.......

Was the best paid in my degree program on graduation but my Fine Arts degreed wife now makes more than I ever could have. Who would have known? Took a decade for karma to kick in - until then she had an assortment of the WORST jobs...... but now.......

I'll bet Skidmore is still snotty, Sage is, well, Sage, Albany OK, as well as Saint Rose..... even dated a local for a bit - but married one 2 1/2 hours away - the friend of the one my mother and a co-worker were trying to set me up with....... you never know how things will turn out

but - seriously and 'sexist-ly' - the last time I was up that way the girls I saw on campus were a huge improvement over the population 30 years ago.... the guys were still kinda' nerdy though.... but that's the Tute. One of my roommates -went to work for Bell Labs - had NEVER been on a date by the time he graduated - nice enough guy but the odds were against him.

Most reactions

Back