Swings

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm kind of the fence with this picture and not sure if it's a keeper or not. I would like your impression of it and I'd rather not say what I like or dislike about it, b/c I don't want to sway your opinion. So...do you like it? Why or why not? What do you like/dislike about it?
(BTW if it looks vaguely familiar, I saw a post similar to it here months ago and wanted to try it myself. Inspiration credit to the previous poster).

webswings2.jpg

actually, i'd like to hear what you think....it won't sway my opinion a bit, and would comply with the guidelines for posting in this gallery. thanks.

Alright JM, here we go...what I like?

I like the mood of this. The feeling I get when I look at it is that the swing is waiting for someone to play with it, use it, give it purpose, as a swing without a rider is just an inanimate object. Once a rider gets on it, it becomes a tool for enjoyment (if that makes sense) and the swing is given life.

Composition wise, it's a double edge sword. I would have preferred to have more of the second swing visible, but that is as much as I could squeeze into the frame. So, while I'd like more, I'm okay with the fact that I couldn't get it but not sure if it detracts from the picture or complements it.

What I don't like:
- Again with the fact I couldn't get more of the 2nd swing

-It's a little off on the thirds rule, which may have made it better and more pleasing to the eye.

- The crop on the bottom is a little tight but again, limited frame.

What am I unsure about:
- Contrast...too much or just right

I guess that's about it.

I like it , except maybe fot yhe contrast, Would have like to see the swings stand out a bit from the background. Some dodging or burning perhaps ??

a different channel, If you converted to B&W with PS - or similarly different colour filter if shot on B&W film.

Composition doesn't bother me that much.

Hanno

Any other thoughts on this? I am beginning to like it more and think I may go for a re-shoot to try and capture more of a second swing. Still I'd like to see what others think both from a technical as well as aesthetic point of view.
Thanks

Most reactions

Back