Sydney Hot Babes Street Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked through youre photostream and it looks like a few people look unhappy. You even took a shot in a mall with a woman on a bench trying really hard to conceal her face. Come on, have some respect. Just because you're legally allowed doesn't mean you should abuse it (although a mall is not public property)

it's Sydney that's why. Most Sydney based photographers agree that Sydneysiders are very anti-photographers. Just go to ausphotography.net.au or whirlpool.net.au and you'll see what I mean.

If I was in HK, it would be a much different story. Everybody's taking photo of everyone and one one minds of their photos taken.

Well yeah, I can imagine that...
Usually when I see asian people here in Holland they are carrying some sort of camera taking a photo roughly every 10 steps.
You should see them on Kinderdijk, hilarious!

Charlie is it along the lines of kittywithacamera?

Agreed, most people on this forum seem to one a Kittywithacamera. They don't have the balls to do what I did lol.

Taking pictures of trees, birds, dog, wall, rock... takes no courage. Any one do that.

First off, to some other comments about this being inside a mall.. so what? "Street" is a description for a style of photography.. it doesn't have to be on the street.

That said, succeeding at street photography isn't as easy as just snapping a pic of some pretty girls. As other's have mentioned, you still need to practice some basic rules of photography like composition and so forth. You also need something that makes it interesting, some kind of play on the background and subjects for instance, or a play on color or contrast. 'Real' street photography is hard.. I suck at it..

One of my favorite street photo groups on flickr is the hardcore street photography group. They're pretty selective about the pics they choose to add, but I think that's one of the things that makes the group what it is.
Flickr: The HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) Pool

Agreed, most people on this forum seem to one a Kittywithacamera. They don't have the balls to do what I did lol.
I love to photograph strangers. None of my photos have expressions like that :lol: I don't think it's about having balls. I think it's about having enough to respect not to do it in that manner.

Taking pictures of trees, birds, dog, wall, rock... takes so courage. Any one do that.

So you are calling most people on this forum Pu$$ies? Wow.. you are a cocky little one, aren't you? I don't call that balls.. I call that socially retarded!

Taking pictures of trees, birds, dog, wall, rock... takes so courage. Any one do that.

So you are calling most people on this forum Pu$$ies? Wow.. you are a cocky little one, aren't you? I don't call that balls.. I call that socially retarded!

So you're calling Bruce Gilden and Eric Kim socially retarded?? Just because you don't have the balls to do street photography 3 feet from someone's face. Socially retarded? why would I be socially acceptable to someone I don't even know?? If I do this in front of or to my workmates, families or friends that would be socially retarded. To someone I don't know and will never likely to meet again, I don't give a care.

I am breaking social boundaries yeah sure, to get the shot I want, as long as I am within the legal boundary I am cool with that.

Last edited:
blackrose89 said:
I love to photograph strangers. None of my photos have expressions like that :lol: I don't think it's about having balls. I think it's about having enough to respect not to do it.

Exactly. And isn't the point of street photography to catch people acting naturally - not posed or giving your dirty "WTF" looks.

People in the US don't necessarily want their pictures taken by strangers either. Shouldn't you blend in and be as unobtrusive as possible??

Or I guess you could just publish an entire book called "It took Balls" and then have it filled with people flipping you off, hiding their faces or giving you dirty looks.

I'd rather have no balls and be able to respect peoples privacy than have balls and be proud of disrespecting peoples privacy to be honest...

I was ready to overlook the fact that you crossed that boundary when I first replied in this topic because everyone has to learn stuff when starting out with photography.
However, you've made it quite clear that not only you're willing to do it again... No you're simply damn proud of it too.

Taking pictures of trees, birds, dog, wall, rock... takes no courage. Any one do that.

Come and take a picture of my friend's mastiff.

I'd like you see take a picture of a dragonfly...
They should be easy subject, they love it when you get up close! :D

So you're calling Bruce Gilden and Eric Kim socially retarded??

You aren't Bruce Gilden or Eric Kim.. you are some jerk with a crappy Point and Shoot that seems to like to bother people...

Besides being amusing, it would also be a good learning experience!
I mean, a photographer with his skill?!

(Should definitely be a good example on how NOT to do it...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back