T2i vs. T3i

The price difference is only between $60 and $100 depending on what sites you compare.

if the price difference is only that then yes, T3i would be the better option :thumbup:

I have a T2i and would not give the T3i a second look. Articulated screen, ok, it does have it's advantages, but I have not come across many a situation in which it would have been a must.

Is the T3i's integrated zoom OPTICAL or DIGITAL? Because if the later, just crop the picture in post.
[ADDED] huh, an integrated digital zoom, interesting. Wonder how they did it.

Save your money, get a T2i with Better glass than the kit.
I was happy to have a replacement for my kit lens.

Last edited:
I have a T2i and would not give the T3i a second look. Articulated screen, ok, it does have it's advantages, but I have not come across many a situation in which it would have been a must.

Is the T3i's integrated zoom OPTICAL or DIGITAL? Because if the later, just crop the picture in post.
[ADDED] huh, an integrated digital zoom, interesting. Wonder how they did it.

Save your money, get a T2i with Better glass than the kit.
I was happy to have a replacement for my kit lens.

That might seem a bit biased don't you think? For $100 more, he get a new model and a few important feature. What better glass can he get with for $100? The 50mm 1.8? You can get it anytime, why not put an extra $100 to have a newer body? So if you could trade your t2i for one more $100, you seriously wouldn't do it?

100$ ?
Is that what we are dealing with now?

*looks down* *Shuffles dirty with shoe* *looks up*

Yup, so I hear that new T3i Is pretty interesting, eh? It has a couple of new features which can come in handy. I wouldn't regret it.

Thanks everybody. You really helped me make my decision! I'm getting the T3i Kit, an SD card, and a bag this weekend, then for the next month or so I will save up for a nicer lens. Expect more questions in the future! :)

Make sure it's class 10! Class 10 SD card!
RAW+JPEG!
Class 10!
Goes a looong way into cramming just oooooone more shot!

Make sure it's class 10! Class 10 SD card!
RAW+JPEG!
Class 10!
Goes a looong way into cramming just oooooone more shot!

Yep yep! I'm getting a class 10, 16gb.

Congrats, if you have $100 to spare, a nifty fifty is a good investment for low-light best bang for your buck lens.

Congrats, if you have $100 to spare, a nifty fifty is a good investment for low-light best bang for your buck lens.

I don't go anywhere without my f/1.8 Prime!

I don't go anywhere without my f/1.8 Prime!

I never leave home without it, well that's cause it's my only lens. Lol But seriously, I skipped the kit lens for a reason.

Hello everyone :blushing:,
Regardless of the price differences, do you think moving form t1i directly to t3i is Ok?

What are the main and unique features that do not exist on the T1i?
I'm not a Pro :lol: and do not want to be confused with too many new features....

Hello everyone :blushing:,
Regardless of the price differences, do you think moving form t1i directly to t3i is Ok?

What are the main and unique features that do not exist on the T1i?
I'm not a Pro :lol: and do not want to be confused with too many new features....

I am not sure why you would want to upgrade right now. The question you have to ask yourself is "What is the T1i limiting you from doing?" Once you have that figured out use this link:
Side by Side Comparison: Digital Photography Review

If in that comparison you are able to do what is limiting you with the T1i with the T3i then I would say go for it. If however, you can't then no I would not upgrade. Also you have to consider your budget. How much do you have saved, can you afford to upgrade with. It is not a huge jump from the T1i to the T3i. It IS an upgrade but not a whole lot of one. From what I understand it is basically just a side grade to a newer body.

My personal opinion would be to do this: Figure out a little bigger jump in bodies, save up enough until you can afford to buy the body without selling your current one. Then buy the new body, take your time and get a good price for your T1i and sell it and buy some "new sexy glass." Each jump you move up and sell your old body you are going to lose a little bit of money. Just hold off and make a little bigger jump than from the T1i to the T3i. I don't think you will regret it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back