Taking photos of newborn preemie twins...

I have no idea how I would be a threat to these little preemies! I have a child, I am around babies quite a lot, I know how to handle and care for babies. I am definitely not ignorant when it comes to caring for infants and children. Wow the negativity here is overwhelming me...

Yes I have an external flash and a diffuser for it.

topazsol said:
Yes I have an external flash and a diffuser for it.

If you have that, I would suggest getting your flash off camera and keeping that baby inside.

I have no idea how I would be a threat to these little preemies! I have a child, I am around babies quite a lot, I know how to handle and care for babies. I am definitely not ignorant when it comes to caring for infants and children. Wow the negativity here is overwhelming me...
No one is questioning your ability to handle and care for a child. Some aren't sure that you have experience enough to discharge a commission of this nature, but, if you accept it, that's up to you. The reason that I made the post that I did (and I can understand how someone with limited experience would construe it as being negative) is because insurance is the single most important tool you have in your camera bag.

Let's say that you have everything set up just the way you want, and the family dog comes in and knocks your lightstand over; this hits the child, causes a minor bruise, the mother panics, and next thing you know, you're being sued for $50,000 in medical expenses and emotional stress. Don't think it can happen? Do some research!

Understand that experienced photographers care about their clients and their reputation both as individuals and as an industry. If someone makes promises that their camera can't keep, then all of us suffer.

Most reactions

Back