Tamron 10-24

Taylor510ce

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know there have been posts on this before, but wanted a more up to date response. Perhaps a new batch of these lenses has been better? I really just want a cheap superwide. Ideally I would want the Tokina 11-16, because its fast, constant, and covers the range I am missing, however, 10mm will be better and I rarely shoot low light. My main concern is IQ. Is the Tamron as bad as I have read? Feel free to post examples taken with the Tamron.

I know there have been posts on this before, but wanted a more up to date response. Perhaps a new batch of these lenses has been better? I really just want a cheap superwide. Ideally I would want the Tokina 11-16, because its fast, constant, and covers the range I am missing, however, 10mm will be better and I rarely shoot low light. My main concern is IQ. Is the Tamron as bad as I have read? Feel free to post examples taken with the Tamron.

These two points essentially contradict each other. You can have cheap, or you can have good IQ. Pick one.

Thanks Dao. I have seen that one, but not sure how old it is. Maybe this lens or quality control has improved at Tamron since. I considere a tokina 12-24 also which I used to own and is a great lens, but is 12mm ( 5 less than my 17-40) gonna be worth $400?

Yeah, but there is a level of compromise Tired Iron. I am selling my 50mm to pay for this. The 50 is cheap and has great IQ after f/2 for its cost. I'm not a moron. I mean cheap in terms of cost.

Here's one.
Mark%26MaquiSample_09.jpg

I have it hanging in my studio in 11x14. No problems

Nice shot. I really hate to let my 50mm go, but I think I would get more use from.a wide angle than a portrait lens. What focal length was that? I am on a phone so cant view exif.

This was shot at 10mm about 10 feet away from them at ground level. This preview shot is cropped but original file, in terms of quality is the same. From every job, I choose images that I like the most and load those up. But since I'm over critical of everything I shoot, if I like 1% of the job, then its good. But as long as clients like it, that is what matters :)

Thanks again. I think I am going to go with it. Its $100 off right now, only $399. I had the cheap tamron 70-300 and aside from CA issues I fixed in post, it surprised me, so I figure, why not take a chance on them again. Do you notice a lot of CA with this lens?

Well, I ended up finding someone with a Canon 10-22 used lens asking $600. Got him down to $500 due to a few minor knicks on the body and scuffed up hood. Glass is perfect though and USM AF and zoom all works flawlessly. I am glad I went with this one, cause I was really worried about picking the Tamron or even the Sigma ( due to sketchy quality control ).

Most reactions

Back