Tell me if this sounds right.

ScottWy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had a Nikon D50 that I really liked. I ended up getting the Tamron 28-75 f2.8, and got good results. I used it about 4 or 5 years, until I got a D700, and the 70-200 lens.

The funny thing is, I can get as good or better results with the old D50 in bright light. There is no contest with poor light (D700 hands down), but I over expose in good light with the 700.

I have a lot more homework before I get good with the 700, but I know I will get there.

The point of this is that a better camera does not automatically make you a better photographer. The only thing that can do that is trial and error, and learning from your mistakes.

Probably because your not using your D700 correctly.

Put it in P mode and turn down the ISO if your struggling in bright light.

I'm pretty much a noob at photography, but I do believe knowing the camera is more important then having the most advance camera. Ken Rockwell (kenrockwell.com) explains it pretty well.

It is like getting a glock vs a HK416. Sure, the assault rifle is powerful and all, but if you can't use it, the glock will do much better. (oh no, did I just make an analogy from guns? LOL)

Not the perfect analogy, but something like that :)

I still believe that even with all these great technologies coming out, and all these little girls and guys picking up photography, there is still only one good photographer out of the hundreds of thousands.

Talent > Tech.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back