Tell me what you think

Fatdawg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
3063624833_b2f1a45766_b.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

There are some really nice elements in this shot...but I think the composition isn't great. It's got all this space...and then the two interesting parts are jammed together, right in the centre. If you were going to shoot them this close, I'd have liked to see the sail, right in the sun.

Try cropping off the sides and making this a vertical rather than a horizontal. I think that would improve the look of this shot.

The sun doesn't look round, it looks like it was worked on in photoshop or something

the only thing done in photoshop was i played with the levels it was a little hazey that night so i played with the levels to give it a richer look

It's cool but it looks like it's too much emphasis on the sun, it would be great if the mountains would be in focus and clear.
just my opinion, otherwise great shot.

i wish i could get those warm colors and lighter ocean in my shoot yesterday morning

I think that this would work quite well with a square crop...

I'd cut off the whole right 1/3 of the photo, cut off the first left 1/20, and cut off the bottom wave action.

I know that it's hard to understand, and I'd do it FOR you, except that you have a no edit sign.

hi there,
first of all i wanna say that its a very cool pic., it gives a relax feeling on first look & its a great work if it has been edited or created in photoshop or something like that, but if we see technically the sun is being prominent due to the clouds in its bottom it can easily be identified & looks quite awkward. just brighten the clouds.

The sun's distortion is more than likely caused by atmosphere. I think though that you could crop out everything except the sun and boat. By doing this, you add a great deal of simplicity to the image, which will ultimately make it a better image. One thing that I see consistently is that younger photographers try to include too may elements into their images. Think in very simple terms when you shoot your images. You want to have the viewer look at the shot and immediately KNOW what the image is about.

If you crop this, please repost so that we can see...

Most reactions

Back