Tested Jason last week

manny212

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tested a buddy of mine last week . He is with my agency , Ford , here in Miami . He's been at this racket for a while , has a great book , just trying to mess around some and get some more casual stuff .

Jason by manny herreria, on Flickr

Yea last one thrown in cause its my Pentax ! HAHA !

He's got a very believable look; I'm guess he gets a lot of catalogue and similar work?

He's got a very believable look; I'm guess he gets a lot of catalogue and similar work?
John yea. He's a little younger than I am, we both started in fashion, Milan, Paris etc. I've been a catalog king (to use an industry term) for years. Basically catalog, advertising and lifestyle. It's where the money is. Editorial in mags is great to build your book but pay is crap.

Yea he's starting to move into my realm so to speak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I liiike him... yup!

You're getting better with your photography (you're still better in front of camera than behind it)

Can you tell me how much are models payed? for catalog/editorial...

I'm trying to figure out some things... maybe be more serious with photography... of course, the pay can't be compared with pays here, but I'd like to know

I liiike him... yup!

You're getting better with your photography (you're still better in front of camera than behind it)

Can you tell me how much are models payed? for catalog/editorial...

I'm trying to figure out some things... maybe be more serious with photography... of course, the pay can't be compared with pays here, but I'd like to know
I believe their pay varies from job to job.

If you're looking to start working with agencies, you can test with their models for free. Just email them; something short introducing yourself, a portfolio, and perhaps a mood board. If they accept they will likely send you what's called a model packet for you to choose models from.

If you're looking to start working with agencies, you can test with their models for free. Just email them; something short introducing yourself, a portfolio, and perhaps a mood board. If they accept they will likely send you what's called a model packet for you to choose models from.
Ok... could you explain me that concept of "test shooting their models"

I test them for free and what? What they (agency, model) have from that? I do get to keep images but what kind of obligations I have towards the agency or the model?

Ok...sorry, but never worked with an agency and really don't know a thing!

Ok... could you explain me that concept of "test shooting their models"

I test them for free and what? What they (agency, model) have from that? I do get to keep images but what kind of obligations I have towards the agency or the model?

Ok...sorry, but never worked with an agency and really don't know a thing!
This is what I know from only my personal experience.
Testing is when the agency helps you set up a shoot with one of their models (usually their new models who need to build a portfolio). New images benefit the model and the agency, which is why they won't make you pay, and having agency models in your own portfolio is definitely good for you as well. If you need a model for commercial reasons though, you have to pay.
Each agency is a little different, and my experience is only in the US. Email the agency and introduce yourself (keep it short). Explain that you have never worked with an agency but you would like to start testing, and ask them any questions you may have. Most of the time they are happy to respond. Sometimes they may even ask you to come into their office so they can meet you and go over your portfolio and any ideas you may have for photo shoots. I was lucky enough to receive some great feedback on my work the first time I met with an agent. When they do this, listen to them. Every bit of information you can get from them is valuable.

I feel bad for him, he must never have luck with the ladies or fellas.

I can't even judge the photos, I'm way to drawn to him.
Ouahhhh

Most reactions

New Topics

Back