That time of year....

MightyLeeMoon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.transmissionfields.com
Got the tree put up and decided to pull out the tripod and grab a shot....

3063925099_d11c4a1b42_o.jpg

It's funny, here in Germany no one would think of putting up their tree any earlier than on Christmas Eve.
Christmassy decorations are out and about now, too, like electric candles in the windows and all, and we started lighting the candles on the advent wreath (first candle today), leading nearer and nearer to Christmas (second candle being lit next Sunday, third on 14 December and the fourth on 21st), but the tree is only to be up and lit on Christmas Eve.

It's funny, here in Germany no one would think of putting up their tree any earlier than on Christmas Eve.
Christmassy decorations are out and about now, too, like electric candles in the windows and all, and we started lighting the candles on the advent wreath (first candle today), leading nearer and nearer to Christmas (second candle being lit next Sunday, third on 14 December and the fourth on 21st), but the tree is only to be up and lit on Christmas Eve.

Put it up around Thanksgiving, and be able to enjoy it for a month or more. Take it down between Christmas and New Years. Some even leave it up until after Jan 01.

...too much work to put it up on Christmas Eve, only keep it up for a few days or less.

But then we use artificial trees, and usually have 2-3 up somewhere around the house.

We normally put ours up the day after Thanksgiving... but we live in Alabama, and the culture here is fairly religious and it's common to do this. I like this shot, and desaturating the tree gives it an interesting effect. Nice work and Merry Christmas! :)

It's probably more of a time constraint thing. With our up coming schedule, I don't know that I'll have another weekend before Christmas where I will have time to do this. Plus....it's nice to get it out of the way and be able to enjoy it for a little while. Although, left to my own devices, there would be no tree put up. Let's just say my better half insisted on having a tree....and a real one at that! ;-)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back