The almost perfect camera?

paul'dee'dowling

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have just picked up the Fuji X-Pro 1 and recognised that it just feels right.
From 1972 , just 3 cameras have created this match -
Minolta SRT, initially traded for a new OM1 , and the Kiev and lately , Kiev rebuilt Contax 2.§
The specs have no place here , it just works.
I have other cameras , which is fine, even the X-Pro 2 which should be the same again but better ,which it is , but it is not.
Maybe tiny differences in size and weight , I don’t know.
OK . I have an ASD glitch which affects my perception whereby I sort of imprint on a specific item, and can’t override to include other similar things , faulty context ,but I wondered if this is common , whereby something overrides common sense ?
thanks
dee

If it helps validate your choice, I left Nikon for Fuji 5+ years ago. Never looked back. Designers of the X-Pro1, X-100 series and X-T line love film cameras and it shows. It's just a different gestalt--some get it, others don't. I like what I like and you should, too.

I wondered if this is common , whereby something overrides common sense ?
thanks
dee
Sure, depending on your personality makeup I think emotion / ‘feeling’ can override common sense.
I have plenty of items that are statistically / spec inferior choices but I just love using them and I don’t care.
Needless to say, I’m not reliant on any of these items for my income/living, if that were the case I think you have to get the best you can for the job if you aim to be competitive.

I wonder if the perfect camera even exist's? Anyone on any forun actually know how to work everything in the camera they use now? So how would anyone know if the perfect camera exist's? I have a D7000 and started with a D70 then to a D5100. Not a clue how to work all of any of them! Shoot I don't even know the terms used to describe stuff. And if the perfect camera does exist, why do camera company's keep coming out with newer and better with more stuff no one will ever figure out. I don't really think good photography is so much about the camera as it is in framing a photo and exposing it. Perfect is to me something that doesn't exist! never has and never will. On my shooting and rifle forums people are always asking what is the best. Best is no more than some person's opinion who you probably don't even know. Best doesn't exist!

Anyone on any forum actually know how to work everything in the camera they use now?
Yep. But they are all old film cameras I have been using since the 80's-90's.

Oh and yes all my film cameras are perfect, to me anyway.

Most reactions

Back