What's new

The Alternative "So, you want a brutally honest critique..."

c.cloudwalker

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 15, 2009
Messages
5,394
Reaction score
405
Location
An American in Europe
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Love Markw's idea and I decided to offer a counterpoint (maybe not) to his critiques just for the hell of it.

Not that it matters much but, yes, I have seen his work and seem to remember being impressed enough that I don't feel like he will feel threatened by this thread. This is all in good fun, meaning nothing personal is intended even if I start railing against your religious, political, personal beliefs...

But the critiques will be serious in the sense that I will tell you how I feel. Which, by the way, is all a critique is. How one person feels.

Let's get on with it.


I will ignore any post of any photos that were not posted to Markw's thread first. I will only critique once he is done. Let's have fun.
 
Love Markw's idea and I decided to offer a counterpoint (maybe not) to his critiques just for the hell of it.

But the critiques will be serious in the sense that I will tell you how I feel. Which, by the way, is all a critique is. How one person feels.

Let's get on with it..

It seems that neither you nor Markw have any idea what a critique is. How you feel is irrelevant to a critique!!!

skieur
 
By the way, before we start, let me just say that I will be refering to Post numbers and member's names.
 
[h=6]"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"
- Albert Einstein[/h]
And THAT came from a man with unbelievable amounts of knowledge ;-)
 
Skieur, GO BACK TO YOUR CANDIAN DREAM OF YOURSELF. You are so full of sh*t! That is to say, you are so full of yourself.

Next person who tries to make me lose my way will be shot dead.
 
Well hopefully MarkW will get back to critiquing the photos in his thread, so that mine can get some perspective here as well. Or...you could offer your opinion on the thread I started...

Also, I like the idea of this thread. A 'Second Opinion' thread, of sorts.
 
Post #2:

Image 1: This is boring as hell. Two lines going across the screen (image), back and forth, back and forth, etc... Not a very good B&W conversion (flat, flat, flat... ) , not a very good angle and the focus point is boring. The only thing that seems to be in focus is the sea and frankly not very interesting.

Image 2 + Image 3: Both of those are too much like "snapshot" nightmares. sorry. Image 3 has some incredible potential with the sea to sky gradiant but it is treated in such a way as to make it the postcard I don't ever want to see again.
 
Fook me, I was looking forward to BJ's photos, and Markw just skipped them
 
Post 6, 2WheelPhoto:

Cell phone photos? Really?

This is a photo forum. If you can't bother to at least post a worthwhile image, I hope you won't blame me for what I have to say.

Worthless image. And i won't even go into the girl/woman.... Most probably not what you want to hear.
 
Hey....let's go!!! You have a lot of work to do!!! :lol:
 
I was going to post at Mark's thread but he seems to be back ordered...lol


Alright cloud, let's see what you got old timer! ;)

6238454516_d3b3160cbc_z.jpg
 
Ok, never mind the original idea which, however interesting, was not going to work for the simple reason that a thread without pix isn't worth much. So, anyway, after abandoning the idea, I got a wake up call from a friend who is good enough to try and kick my butt in this very down time I'm going through. She knows who she is...
 
Camz, love to start with you. I'm sure you know I don't think much of your retail type photography. To be honest, it has nothing much to do with you or your style, much more to do with the fact that I just hate retail photography.

That said, this is the ultimate electric spider from Mars. Lol. Serious, I love it.

The focus is right where it should be. The un-focused parts are right where they should be looking like the greatest electric storm. An the transparency of the spider is just beautiful.

It looks both very nasty and kissable all at the same time. What else do you want?
 
We will give you a turn at this shot.....lol Since the "other thread" thought it was a joke...lol
6292915528_f106a6be4f_o.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom