The ball.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally took my camera to the ball field for one of my son's little league games. Was happily surprised when I got home and saw these two shots with the ball in focus out of the pitchers hand.

44347960881_1082be67ab_b.jpg

30481090928_fd4927ca4c_b.jpg

I love that first one!

Both good, but the 1st one is over the top GREAT!!!

Yes, agreed, great to have the ball rendered in a simply super-crisp way on these pitcher shots.

The shots are really super , may I ask what you focused on in both of the shots , was it the ball or the pitcher and the ball just happen to been in there , I ask because I have tried both and didnt get the same result at all

Love them both. Super shots. Prints and frames are in order. If you don't want to spend a lot of money on frames, Micheals has some pretty nice ones off the shelf, with matte's, at an affordable price.

The shots are really super , may I ask what you focused on in both of the shots , was it the ball or the pitcher and the ball just happen to been in there , I ask because I have tried both and didnt get the same result at all

I was focused on the pitcher. I was using the AF point expansion (5 points). I figure that the camera jumped focus to the ball because not all of them were like this.

Excellent! Where's the screen? Were you on the field or did you manage to make it disappear and shoot through it? I like this angle but all our fields have chainlink along the backstop and I can never quite get it to disappear.

Excellent! Where's the screen? Were you on the field or did you manage to make it disappear and shoot through it? I like this angle but all our fields have chainlink along the backstop and I can never quite get it to disappear.

There was chainlink between me and the pitcher. (Trade secret, lol) No, just put your lens hood up to the chainlink and shoot through it. Getting it to focus at times is a pain but it can be done. (Also, this image is cropped significantly, as with the action, I wanted to shoot wider to make sure I got the action in the frame. Both were about 130mm or so on my 70-200mm f/2.8.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back