The Breakwater Tavern

Sventek

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not to be confused with the Breakwind Tavern, which is where I usually hang out...

I was bored, and had nothing to do last night, so I thought I'd wander down to the local marina.

p77463580-5.jpg

p141523324-5.jpg

I like the second one a lot. The first one... I feel like I should like it, but I don't. I kept trying to figure out why, but when I saw the second I realized what was bothering me... it is SO straight on, and every line in the image is either vertical or horizontal. I get the impression that was intentional, but it still isn't working for me for some reason.

Second one, though... awesome.

Thanks guys.

That's actually what I was trying to achieve, manaheim, so I guess it's good from that perspective. My eyes were drawn by the strong geometries going on there.

I actually like #1 -- it is a pleasant place to look at...can't help but let your eyes wander around the structures leading from the footwalk (footpath), the triangles on the roof is very dominant but it is OK...everything is sharp anyway apart from the smoothie water...it is the ambiance and the atmosphere that is making this shot pops. Love it.

I think they're both great shots...

I really like 1 - so much going on but still a very clear subject.

I like No 1 - is has an airy 3D quality with beautiful patches of light on the wood stretching from the forefront to the back with wonderful geometrical red roofs and tranquil atmosphere. No 2 is a lesser shot in my view with less nuanced colors and water looking like a rough ice. No 1 is a good demonstration of a very decent camera/lense.

Thanks guys.

That's actually what I was trying to achieve, manaheim, so I guess it's good from that perspective. My eyes were drawn by the strong geometries going on there.

It might be the real estate photographer in me taking control without my realizing it. In real estate you never show a building dead on. It looks horrible for a sales material. But that's not what you're doing here, and I DID see what you were trying to get across, AND everyone else seems to like it. So... here is a good example of another photography lesson... learn when to ignore the critics... or at least some of them... :)

I'm going to guess these were not shot handheld?

Both are inviting and pleasant to view my seat! Although the sky in the first seems a little strange(lacking something almost).

Scott (I only breakwind when you pull my finger) B

Most reactions

Back