What's new

The Coffee House

Headache is slowly easing enough to be manageable. Driveway is plowed so I don't have to shovel. Going to get on the stationary bike to start accounting for the day's gluttony. Then I'll cook the salmon, pack up all the food, and head on out to dinner.
Sorry about the headache Leo. I hope you feel better sooner.
 
.......... Thanks :icon_hug: It's bad this morning but I've got my cold pack, some coffee and a pair of dark sunglasses (light sensitivity). Advil helps a little bit. Won't really go away until tomorrow afternoon, but it gets manageable.
Wow! That really sucks!. So sorry, Lenny.
 
Thank you, boys :icon_hug:
 
A Happy and a safe holiday for my US peeps!

Lenny, sorry to hear you're having a bad bad morning. Lots of :hugsalot: to you. We had a sprinkling of snow, yesterday, but mostly rain.

We are celebrating twice again. My sister in law is working two double shifts (County Sheriff's Office as a civilian) tonight and tomorrow so we'll go mom-in-law's on Saturday. Tonight is for the immediate family - son #1 will be down later.

For the past number of years, I've always tried to make one non-traditional dish; jambalaya, gumbo, sausage-cheddar pie, etc. This year we've expanded that: the only traditional things we are having is Jeremy's sweet potato casserole and (from scratch) cranberry sauce. We're going more surf and turf this year - I'm making a lobster (that's "lobstah" for all y'all way up Nawth) pot pie, Miriam is doing a pot-type roast, Jeremy's fried paneer, some kind of mushroom dish that Andrew is making, and and Creme Brulee (with raspberry & blackberry garnish) for dessert.
 
GX 680 Update:

My camera came in yesterday from Japan. It appears new, complete with an unblemished box and Japanese instruction manual. (I smelled it expecting a new car smell ... got nothing but a faint hint of maguro.)

Still waiting for backs and fronts (lenses).

Gary
 
And it begins . . .
Say "hello" to my little friends!

cmw3_d40_5738.webp
 
Snowbear, that made me really hungry - and we don't eat until 4.

While I have your attention, let me point you to the link for the Secret Santa sign-up for this year in my signature.
Signup is slow so far, only about 10.
Last year we had >60.
 
Yup, we got some snow.
20141127_114357.webp
 
No offense but I'll take mid-30s over mid-80s :) Anything over 70 starts sucking the life out of me.
 
But I do like horses too. :D
 
No offense but I'll take mid-30s over mid-80s :) Anything over 70 starts sucking the life out of me.
No offense at all. For me it is wonderful. (Remember we have low humidity ... I find wetness more offensive than heat.)
 
Last edited:
Snowbear, that made me really hungry - and we don't eat until 4.

While I have your attention, let me point you to the link for the Secret Santa sign-up for this year in my signature.
Signup is slow so far, only about 10.
Last year we had >60.

Lew, I've been away for a few days trying to finish up my work project. but I sent you the information. Sorry to agrivate the hunger -- we probably won't eat until around 7.

Lenny: looks nice and seasonal, though it is still Autumn. I agree - I can't stand hot weather, hence our desire to retire to someplace like New England or the PNW.

Creme Brulees are in the oven and the lobsters are picked. Jeremy's paneer (basically Asian farmer's cheese, not unlike mozzarella) is chilling in the fridge - he has made it from scratch, this time. :D

My lovely wife ran back out to the store and will grab another small lobster two isn't enough.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom