What's new

The Coffee House

It's a wrist band that tracks your steps and stuff. You can plug in what you've eaten, set goals, all kinds of health/work out stuff. It transfers all the info to your phone and/or computer and tracks/graphs your activity day-in and day-out. Some will even track your sleep and you can see how well you sleep. I find the tracking and daily goals to be a big motivator for me to get get up on my butt and move.
 
It's a wrist band that tracks your steps and stuff. You can plug in what you've eaten, set goals, all kinds of health/work out stuff. It transfers all the info to your phone and/or computer and tracks/graphs your activity day-in and day-out. Some will even track your sleep and you can see how well you sleep. I find the tracking and daily goals to be a big motivator for me get get up on my butt and move.
that sounds stressful! like big brother watching you! I bet it does motivate you though as you always know it is tracking you. You still do a lot of shooting? Retired from it pro right but you still do a lot of hobby shooting?
 
It's a wrist band that tracks your steps and stuff. You can plug in what you've eaten, set goals, all kinds of health/work out stuff. It transfers all the info to your phone and/or computer and tracks/graphs your activity day-in and day-out. Some will even track your sleep and you can see how well you sleep. I find the tracking and daily goals to be a big motivator for me get get up on my butt and move.
that sounds stressful! like big brother watching you! I bet it does motivate you though as you always know it is tracking you. You still do a lot of shooting? Retired from it pro right but you still do a lot of hobby shooting?
I am very goal oriented and competitive. At the end of the day if I haven't hit my goal of ... say ... 15,000 steps, I'll grab the pooch and take another walk, walk to dinner, do some jumping jacks ... gear up to hit my daily goal. I need a coach or a wrist band kicking my butt to keep my motivation engaged.

I haven't shot news since the mid '80's, but I still shoot a lot. The stuff I shoot for publication, I do pro bono. I've never been serious about landscape but I've been gearing up to try my hand (and eye) at genre. I just need to find some time to shoot.
 
So bribrius, I remember you stating you were a veteran ... what service? what was your MO? where were you stationed?
 
So bribrius, I remember you stating you were a veteran ... what service? what was your MO? where were you stationed?
command and control/military intelligence. Airforce. just a peon enlisted. hill, Keesler, lackland. 1c331 got a ribbon from Iraq in 93 but It was all pretty much done by then.
 
It's a wrist band that tracks your steps and stuff. You can plug in what you've eaten, set goals, all kinds of health/work out stuff. It transfers all the info to your phone and/or computer and tracks/graphs your activity day-in and day-out. Some will even track your sleep and you can see how well you sleep. I find the tracking and daily goals to be a big motivator for me get get up on my butt and move.
that sounds stressful! like big brother watching you! I bet it does motivate you though as you always know it is tracking you. You still do a lot of shooting? Retired from it pro right but you still do a lot of hobby shooting?
I am very goal oriented and competitive. At the end of the day if I haven't hit my goal of ... say ... 15,000 steps, I'll grab the pooch and take another walk, walk to dinner, do some jumping jacks ... gear up to hit my daily goal. I need a coach or a wrist band kicking my butt to keep my motivation engaged.

I haven't shot news since the mid '80's, but I still shoot a lot. The stuff I shoot for publication, I do pro bono. I've never been serious about landscape but I've been gearing up to try my hand (and eye) at genre. I just need to find some time to shoot.
sounds like you are in better shape than me and probably twenty years older!
 
Morning, Hosers.

After today's short class, I will have just one more week of teaching, and then Monday the 15th, both my classes take their final exams.

I am so ready for the semester to be done! This one went very fast and was really not too bad. Good classes. Also for the first time in 2.5 years, I wasn't taking classes at the same time. But it's time to be done already! I'm tired of grading!
 
Morning, Hosers.

After today's short class, I will have just one more week of teaching, and then Monday the 15th, both my classes take their final exams.

I am so ready for the semester to be done! This one went very fast and was really not too bad. Good classes. Also for the first time in 2.5 years, I wasn't taking classes at the same time. But it's time to be done already! I'm tired of grading!

I haven't taught anything in a long time, but when I did I also found it was a lot more enjoyable when I wasn't a student at the same time.
 
It's a wrist band that tracks your steps and stuff. You can plug in what you've eaten, set goals, all kinds of health/work out stuff. It transfers all the info to your phone and/or computer and tracks/graphs your activity day-in and day-out. Some will even track your sleep and you can see how well you sleep. I find the tracking and daily goals to be a big motivator for me get get up on my butt and move.
that sounds stressful! like big brother watching you! I bet it does motivate you though as you always know it is tracking you. You still do a lot of shooting? Retired from it pro right but you still do a lot of hobby shooting?
I am very goal oriented and competitive. At the end of the day if I haven't hit my goal of ... say ... 15,000 steps, I'll grab the pooch and take another walk, walk to dinner, do some jumping jacks ... gear up to hit my daily goal. I need a coach or a wrist band kicking my butt to keep my motivation engaged.

I haven't shot news since the mid '80's, but I still shoot a lot. The stuff I shoot for publication, I do pro bono. I've never been serious about landscape but I've been gearing up to try my hand (and eye) at genre. I just need to find some time to shoot.
sounds like you are in better shape than me and probably twenty years older!
I don't know about that ... but I want to be. I do 50 push-ups every morning and Cookie, (pooch), and I walk a couple of miles every day.
 
Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. You'll all be happy that we've been having bad weather out here. It's rained off and on Monday through Wednesday. It's 55F right now and may hit the mid 60's. Getting cold. This week we ran the heat for the first time this year. Sumatra this morning. Coffee is good. I really enjoy an espresso in the afternoon, taken on the patio. My skimmer came in on Wednesday. Now I gotta dig a big hole to install it.
 
Yeah, about that. 30s feels warm here. It's 34 right now, and that feels much better than the teens we've been having lately.
 
Morning, Hosers.

After today's short class, I will have just one more week of teaching, and then Monday the 15th, both my classes take their final exams.

I am so ready for the semester to be done! This one went very fast and was really not too bad. Good classes. Also for the first time in 2.5 years, I wasn't taking classes at the same time. But it's time to be done already! I'm tired of grading!
It's like listening to me wife..... exactly!! LOL

Good luck with it. She's wore plumb out!!
 
I'm alone with the kid all day today, and have a craft fair tomorrow. Oh boy, this is gonna drag on hardcore.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom