What's new

The Coffee House

Went to therapy (shoulder) for an hour and a half. Then went to mall for a little Christmas shopping. Then to other side of town to Target to pick up some ornaments for my nekkid Christmas tree. I'm worn out!
 
Have another glass of wine, Leonore. You're still too wound up. :D

I think the problem was that I never had a first! :) I think a swig of vodka and then the evening toilette: brush teeth, wash face, heat up water for my hot water bottle, climb into bed, give kitties their night-night snack, and then head off to la-la land.
 
Goodnight, Lenny.

My lovely wife has signed up for some Ops Center OT on Saturday (0600-1800). That means she gets to feed the darling demons while I get the rare sleep in. :D
 
Coffee time! Signing up for the craft sale this weekend. Hoping to finally sell some crap at one.
 
Already had a bloody mary and it's 2 PM. What a shitty day so far.... Toddlers are stressful.
 
Can't say I blame you, Leonore. Not today, that's for sure.
 
Already had a bloody mary and it's 2 PM. What a shitty day so far.... Toddlers are stressful.

One of the reasons why I don't have one :048:

I've got a WAY different take on that today. My kids are grown, the toddler days LONG since behind us and evidently, the days of grandmothering a little one still a bit in the future…but that's not the reason for my different take on the "toddlers are stressful" thought today.

Yesterday, we had a horrific school bus accident here in town, just about 5 miles or so from where I work. Three lives lost, two of them kids, ages 6 and 7.
One of the kids was a twin--her twin brother was sitting right next to the adult aide, who also died. He survived.
Those parents can never, ever get yesterday back, to hug those little ones just an extra minute longer. The proximity to Christmas just makes the pain that much more unimaginable to me.

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer today, but…yeah. Pick that frustrating, stress-inducing toddler up tonight and give them an extra-long hug.
 
Already had a bloody mary and it's 2 PM. What a shitty day so far.... Toddlers are stressful.
Just wait . . . they get more sub-human the closer they get to 15, or so. ;)

Sharon is right. When I was at the 9-1-1 center, there were many nights I couldn't get home to the family soon enough.
 
Yeah, I definitely see your point. That's something I can't imagine by any stretch of the imagination.
 
Where is everyone tonight? Been quiet around here.
 
probably sleeping?????
 
My Nike activity tracker died. I just received a replacement ... a Garmin. Finally got it setup and communicating with computer and phone. I hope it's better than the Nike. It came with a heart monitor. That should be useful.
 
My Nike activity tracker died. I just received a replacement ... a Garmin. Finally got it setup and communicating with computer and phone. I hope it's better than the Nike. It came with a heart monitor. That should be useful.
don't even know what that is??? activity tracker??
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom