What's new

The Coffee House

I can't stand people. This is why I shoot commercial stuff. It doesn't move on its own and it doesn't complain when you get it all contorted.

Yeah, but what do you mean by "commercial" stuff? Do you mean PRODUCT photography? Because my best friend is a commercial photographer and all he does is shoot people all day long, haha...

That's exactly what I mean. Avoiding people! No posing! Stuff doesn't move on its own! I did have a lady trying to sell her pottery knock her vase over and shatter it once, though.
 
oh. the above. I was self employed with my own mortgage business about a decade ago I did on the side. I was also a certified loan officer. so I was the one running your credit and loan application and getting your loan approved. so take it from whence It comes. I would spend a lot of time watching notes go out for sale on the secondary market just to get a idea of what was out there. Contrary to popular belief too, people that I saw go through with great credit were often fairly poor, oddly enough. But then I saw people go through or attempt to that were trying to pull million dollar business loans and were millionaires that had credit scores in the high fives up to mid six hundreds (really not so good). so apparently your credit score doesn't mean jack in relation to what you are worth except if you have great credit it might mean you don't have a pot to piss in and spend all your money In debt and paying your bills on time. very odd....
Doesn't really effect the higher wealth too much as it just means they have to put down 200 or 500k and it isn't like they don't have it they just are trying not to put it down and tie up the capital.
 
I can't stand people. This is why I shoot commercial stuff. It doesn't move on its own and it doesn't complain when you get it all contorted.

Yeah, but what do you mean by "commercial" stuff? Do you mean PRODUCT photography? Because my best friend is a commercial photographer and all he does is shoot people all day long, haha...

That's exactly what I mean. Avoiding people! No posing! Stuff doesn't move on its own! I did have a lady trying to sell her pottery knock her vase over and shatter it once, though.
I wonder if you could get paid to take photos of trees and be a hermit...
 
Speaking as someone who is no longer almost 30, I say hold onto that job for a little while longer at least to build up some savings. You can fulfill your creativity at least part time, so it's not like you have no outlet at all, but give yourself a bigger cushion before you quit the job with the full-time salary and benefits

Ehhhhhhhh...

YOLO.

I'm not gonna quit until it's consistent enough, but the second that happens, I'm out.

Phase one is getting enough to drop back down to part time. I'm almost there.

Phase two: get enough shoots and second shooting work to quit.

I'm tired of being cautious. That had never gotten me anywhere.

They don't call it "risk" for nothing. Sometimes you take a chance and you fall flat on your face. Sometimes you take a chance and you succeed.

I'd rather risk it and find out which its gonna be.

Is it reckless? Sure. But that's kind of my staple at this point. :allteeth:

It's now or never, baby. :lol:
 
meh.. you only live once...
 
I've never sold a photo in my life.
Me either. In the film days I would print and frame my own and give away to friends and family. Now I just email them and print very little. I will get some printed for around the house though.
 
I really wish "yolo" would die a horribly fiery death, never to be seen again.

In other news, I hiked today. 4 miles in 2.5 hours, though total time was 3.5 hours (pictures, lunch, small breaks to catch my breath on the really steep, scrambly sections.) Highest point was about 1000 ft above our starting point.

And then there was beer.
 
The view during lunch:


20141207_123625.webp
 
4 miles ... 1000 feet up ... good for you. What was your reward beer? Did you take the Fuji? I've been slumming it today. Trying to wrap up processing the WHS play I shot a week or so ago.

I just barely did the basics to, a walk with Cook and my push-ups. It's 4:00 p.m. and I'm only at 6200 steps. Maybe another walk after dinner.

But I am enjoying a Fes Parker Chardonnay while I process.
 
Last edited:
I took the Spotmatic because I wanted to play with my 28mm prime (the widest lens I have). I never really responded to wide lenses too much because they always seemed like a lens for someone who just wanted to get everything in the frame and make something look just like a postcard. I learned how to take great postcard pictures long ago and got bored with it quickly. But then I realized that I just could shoot differently and still do my detail shots that I like, but with a funkier perspective. So I took one camera, one lens, and one roll of Tri-X to force myself to get creative :)

My reward beer was a rare choice: A Dogfish Head IPA. I'm normally not an IPA drinker but I somehow had a taste for something sharp and hoppy.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom