The Coffee House

Geez, Coop! That really was one badass sunburn. Keep healing!

Hey, all hosers. A rotten last few days for me. Odin, my incredibly ancient pug, is starting to go downhill...slowly. He has had two vestibular incidents this week, that really look like he's stroking out. Eye rolling (horizontal nystagmus), complete loss of balance, a marked head tilt, trembling. He had one episode 2 years ago and it took him a week to slowly recover. Nothing since until this week. He has recovered much faster both times this week, but...I'm just a slave to the house right now, he can't be left alone. One trip to the vet to get assurance that I'm doing everything right - basically, there isn't much to do other than shove a meclizine tab downhis gullet, and hold him and pet him until the symptoms subside. At the moment, he is in the other room slowly recuperating from this afternoon's attack. He got his dinner down and he is calmer.

So sad watching him start this. Such a good little guy. :pumpformylove:
So sorry to hear about Odin. One of my beagles would have a seizure every few years, and we would just cover him with a blanket and talk soothingly to him and pet him, and he w ould recover. As I wrote, these occurred every few years, and he led a very happy and long life. They occurred so infrequently, I'd forgotten about them until reading your post. I hope this is just a short event and Odin's life, and you get to share love for some more happy years.

I'm not even working since the early retirement and this week's still been a PITA! Today had to get up at a decently early hour for the yard work guy and whatnot so did a bunch of stuff and now it's not even lunchtime and I'm nodding off (more from getting woke up at 3 am the night before last). lol Nice rainy day for a nap.

Sorry to hear about that Terri. :icon_hug:

So sorry to hear about Odin. One of my beagles would have a seizure every few years, and we would just cover him with a blanket and talk soothingly to him and pet him, and he w ould recover. As I wrote, these occurred every few years, and he led a very happy and long life. They occurred so infrequently, I'd forgotten about them until reading your post. I hope this is just a short event and Odin's life, and you get to share love for some more happy years.

Thank you for saying that. :) He is still healthy in so many other respects, I hope for some more happy times without this trauma.

Sorry to hear about that Terri. :icon_hug:

Thank you, sweetie!

Happy Friday, hosers!

I'm, trying to get some real work done before the trip west. I printed a couple of maps for the portfolio in case I get any job interviews while I'm out there. It looks like I'm going to get to take Sunday and Thursday for me.

SD zoo has polar bears. :D

image.jpeg
Tri-Tip a la Gary.

@terri , sorry to hear about Odin :blueface:

Hey hosers.

I've finished my first week as a Real Girl (i.e. full-time employee who gets to have health insurance now. And a door to her office/cube with walls that go almost all the way up.) There will be more adulting this weekend as I fill out my paperwork for the various insurances I can now have. I also will have to figure out what the jam a tax-deferred annuity is. Now, for those of you who might think it's foolish that a 45-year-old still doesn't know what a tax-deferred annuity is, shaddup, I can curse out a taxi driver in 3 or 4 languages and have skinny-dipped in the Mediterranean :801:

Yesterday Lucille went in for her new tires to be mounted and balanced, for a replacement accessory belt, and for her inspection (She passed. I knew she would. She's smart like her Mama.) While they were working on her, Buzz and I walked across the street to the Ford dealership and I test drove a Fiesta and a Focus. Didn't like the Fiesta, but very much liked the Focus. It's definitely on my shortlist for a replacement car. I'll be doing more test driving over the next few months. I think the next up is a Mazda 3.

Last edited:
Congratulations!

If you are considering trading cars, why are you buying new tires? Coulda saved some money with used tires.

Most reactions

Back