The Coffee House

I need to test a Polaroid. Which doesn't take long to reveal the results either. Got a more collapsible one that was I think called the Reporter, should be easier to cart around than the Colorpack which I like but is rather clunky to carry.

True, the Polaroids can be tested more quickly :D At least with the peel-apart film. With IP film, it still takes 45 minutes, which might be only slightly faster than other film. Even with a short roll, you'd have to shoot that roll pretty quick - say 5-10 minutes - then develop immediately - another 30ish - to even see the negatives faster than IP instant. And then you'd have to wait for them to try to see a positive (unless you're shooting slides.)

So Samy's runs an ad on Thursdays, huh? hmm may have to go look, just window shopping (or is that Windows shopping?).

I could drink another bucket of coffee after being up half the night with storms and sirens going off. I seem to be south of the worst of what hit last night, and north of where storms are expected tonight, lucky to be stuck in the middle and if all I lose is some sleep I'll be glad. But I need a nap.

Ouch, Charlie, hope it feels better soon.
Up in our foothills, where the fires are, more than 750 homes had to be evacuated ... IIRC about 160 horses were moved to the county fairgrounds. Plenty of sirens up there.

So Samy's runs an ad on Thursdays, huh? hmm may have to go look, just window shopping (or is that Windows shopping?).

I could drink another bucket of coffee after being up half the night with storms and sirens going off. I seem to be south of the worst of what hit last night, and north of where storms are expected tonight, lucky to be stuck in the middle and if all I lose is some sleep I'll be glad. But I need a nap.

Up in our foothills, where the fires are, more than 750 homes had to be evacuated ... IIRC about 160 horses were moved to the county fairgrounds. Plenty of sirens up there.
My niece's husband is a firefighter in CA, always fighting them wild fires. Dangerous job.

Howdy ho, hosers. Sunburn STILL hurts a bit. Looks gnarly too, but the blisters are gone. Still in the peeling phase.

b5e68b4b-74ee-4988-a790-b9e759bfde66_text.gif

Geez, Coop! That really was one badass sunburn. Keep healing!

Hey, all hosers. A rotten last few days for me. Odin, my incredibly ancient pug, is starting to go downhill...slowly. He has had two vestibular incidents this week, that really look like he's stroking out. Eye rolling (horizontal nystagmus), complete loss of balance, a marked head tilt, trembling. He had one episode 2 years ago and it took him a week to slowly recover. Nothing since until this week. He has recovered much faster both times this week, but...I'm just a slave to the house right now, he can't be left alone. One trip to the vet to get assurance that I'm doing everything right - basically, there isn't much to do other than shove a meclizine tab downhis gullet, and hold him and pet him until the symptoms subside. At the moment, he is in the other room slowly recuperating from this afternoon's attack. He got his dinner down and he is calmer.

So sad watching him start this. Such a good little guy. :pumpformylove:

Geez, Coop! That really was one badass sunburn. Keep healing!

Hey, all hosers. A rotten last few days for me. Odin, my incredibly ancient pug, is starting to go downhill...slowly. He has had two vestibular incidents this week, that really look like he's stroking out. Eye rolling (horizontal nystagmus), complete loss of balance, a marked head tilt, trembling. He had one episode 2 years ago and it took him a week to slowly recover. Nothing since until this week. He has recovered much faster both times this week, but...I'm just a slave to the house right now, he can't be left alone. One trip to the vet to get assurance that I'm doing everything right - basically, there isn't much to do other than shove a meclizine tab downhis gullet, and hold him and pet him until the symptoms subside. At the moment, he is in the other room slowly recuperating from this afternoon's attack. He got his dinner down and he is calmer.

So sad watching him start this. Such a good little guy. :pumpformylove:

Poor Odin :blueface:

:icon_hug: to you!

Fuzzball and the kitties send the pug a hug. :hugsalot:

Thanks, guys. He has gradually recovered completely from this afternoon's episode - even stood right up and started barking his head off for a cookie - a very typical early evening routine. Of course, he got his cookie and drank a lot of water afterwards. He ambled around just fine. Currently snoring and looking relaxed.

I've commented to my husband before - I'll know he's really on his way out when he stops wanting treats. ;)

From here on out, it's just a quality of life thing. Day to day, I guess. *sigh*

16 year old pug. His last 2 vets just shake their heads - he's ancient!

Thanks, guys. He has gradually recovered completely from this afternoon's episode - even stood right up and started barking his head off for a cookie - a very typical early evening routine. Of course, he got his cookie and drank a lot of water afterwards. He ambled around just fine. Currently snoring and looking relaxed.

I've commented to my husband before - I'll know he's really on his way out when he stops wanting treats. ;)

From here on out, it's just a quality of life thing. Day to day, I guess. *sigh*

16 year old pug. His last 2 vets just shake their heads - he's ancient!
Sorry to hear that. Lots.of cookies for the boy.

My niece's husband is a firefighter in CA, always fighting them wild fires. Dangerous job.
Firefighters have a lot of job security here. Good luck to him.

Most reactions

Back