What's new

The Coffee House

I'm not too worried about the pain afterwards - especially if they send me home with the good drugs! ;) - but get scared of the "during" because my imagination is far far too active and vivid. I've had a lot of dental work ever since I was a kid - even had the Novocaine needle in my jaw when I had fillings in my wisdom teeth. It was a long time ago so it makes me wonder why that dentist just didn't take my teeth out then, but it was a combination of him just wanting to fill the cavities and be done with and me not having money to take the teeth out at the time. Not that I really have money now, but I also don't have a choice.
 
Oscar Bean
20141216_121904.webp

Digit
20141216_121837.webp
 
A few years ago, my wife's cousin, a veterinarian who typically has about eight animals, mostly cats, gave my wife a "crazy cat lady action figure" which came with little cats which would stick to the figure. I guess this cousin and her daughter were welcoming us into the club - I forget how many we had at the time, probably about 6-7.
 
Hey, hosers!

That calendar is pretty funny, Charlie.
 
Thanks -- my lovely wife pointed it out to me.

Shouldn't that be "Hey, hosers, eh!"?
 
More shelter kitties:

Fuzzy was adopted so I didn't get to seem him this morning, but I'm glad someone took his sweet little self home!
Fuzzy.webp

And Anabella, who was also adopted. She, like Fuzzy, was one of the really friendly "free-range" cats that roamed around and liked to greet people at the front:
Annabella.webp
 
We'll gladly make Leonore a Canuck. She has smarts, looks, gumption, spirit and a taste for adventure. And she likes winter. She'll feel right at home here. :clap:
 
You Canucks and your Maker a Laker and kindness and crap. Sheesh.
 
 
I'd be proud to be a Canuck! I spent much of my childhood with some Frenchy Canucks - my best friend from childhood is from a Quebecois family and I spent so much time there that I became their second 'daughter.' And when the relatives came for the holidays, they would make fun of my French accent while I made fun of theirs :)

Another good friend had a Canadian mother and they moved back to Toronto when her parents got divorced, so I've spent time there as well. Even spent New Year's Eve once on a party boat on Lake Ontario. Damn, that was cold! And awesome!! :D

In fact, the closest thing I ever had to a family vacation was when my parents took three of us on a whirlwind tour of New England and Canada. The two oldest sisters stayed home, but my brother helped drive the pick-up truck and my sister and I were thrown in the back with a cap over the pick-up bed and two bucket seats my father had gotten from the junk yard. I think I was 9 year old. If anything explains all that is "off" with my personality, it is probably all the diesel fumes I breathed in during that trip ;) Anyway, I vividly remember going to the top of the CN Tower. Even remember my outfit: a white terrycloth sundress with a racer back and red string straps
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom