What's new

The Coffee House

My teeth hurt this morning. I think I'm clenching in my sleep again.

At least I have coffee now.

oh I'm avoiding my dentist for a month now... I need to get a tooth out and I'm scared!

and.... I'm thinking to stop drinking coffee! Yes. and Noooooooooooooo :(
and.... I'm hungry!!!
 
I need to get teeth out too. It's really one wisdom tooth that is causing trouble but the other ones will need to come out eventually, and I only want to go through this once, so I'm getting all four out at the same time. The dentist agrees that this is the best course. I have an appointment in January and I've already been freaking out about it for about 2 weeks :(
 
oh no....

I'm scared about getting one out....

I actually googled the name for the tooth- 3rd molar. I don't get why they even grow when they don't have any function (dentist explained)...
 
Yeah, I guess 3rd molar is the technical name for it. We always call them wisdom teeth because they don't really come in until a person is older.

I'm planning on being asleep for the extractions. There is no way I can be awake for this. But I'm still freaking out because I've never had any kind of surgery at all and I have no idea what to expect.
 
My dentist wants to put a crown on a tooth. My part is $550. I've been avoiding his calls lol!!

I know how you feel but just go ahead and do it. If you put it off too long, it will be a root canal and crown, which will be more work and more money!
 
My dentist wants to put a crown on a tooth. My part is $550. I've been avoiding his calls lol!!
That's crime!

Oh, you don't want to know the cost of dental work here in the States. My last root canal+crown was $2000, and that was with my dental discount plan, so it would have been at least double without the plan. Dental insurance is available but I end up paying less overall by buying a discount plan and paying out of pocket.
 
I'm planning on being asleep for the extractions. There is no way I can be awake for this. But I'm still freaking out because I've never had any kind of surgery at all and I have no idea what to expect.
you'll be fine...
you'll have no idea....

I was so curious what and how it will happen that I wasn't scared when they put me to sleep.
It's interesting experience for sure.

But... Snerd knows more about that :)
 
Oh, you don't want to know the cost of dental work here in the States. My last root canal+crown was $2000, and that was with my dental discount plan, so it would have been at least double without the plan. Dental insurance is available but I end up paying less overall by buying a discount plan and paying out of pocket.
every time I hear about medical expenses in USA I get mad!
 
every time I hear about medical expenses in USA I get mad!

Imagine how you'd feel if you had to pay those expenses!
 
I'm still freaking out because I've never had any kind of surgery at all and I have no idea what to expect.

Don't freak. Dental work these days is really no big deal. It has a bad reputation I think from the days of poor equipment and no anesthetic, or at least not good anesthetic, or maybe from the leeches, but I don't think they use very many anymore. Sorry, now I'm just messing with you. Blame the real coffee I went out of the building to get. Anyhow, it really is very easy and you'll probably just be a little sore after.
 
Tooth extractions don't hurt a lot after the local wears off. More like a dull ache. The novocaine injection hurts the most, depending on where the injection site is.
 
Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers.

And a BIG "How the hell are you to Marija?" I just finished making coffee and some tea ... Colombian Supremo and Sencha "Matsuri". Matija, a mug of tea for you, (_)]

54F right now and drizzling, should be raining in a few hours. Yesterday was busy, today I have time to pick up some chemicals so I can develop my two rolls of 120mm film. I am almost excited. I haven't developed film in decades.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom