What's new

The Coffee House

The world suks right now, the whole enchidlada. I'm getting sick. I think the other day has dragged me down after spending a couple of hours in the very cold, 4' deep pond working on stuff. Good Suckie morning Coffee Hosers. I just finished a cup of EmergenC. My physician tells me that there isn't any proof that Vitamin C provides any benefit for a cold, but I figured it could hurt.

I've been getting into teas of late. For my palette, I found teas to encompass a broader taste spectrum than coffee. The difference between a Sumatra and a Colombian Supremo isn't nearly as wide as the difference between an Oolong and a Sencha Matsuri.

I have tons of driving today and I gotta get my day going ... so you Coffee Hosers ... Carry-On.
 
Dude, Paleo? PALEO?

Mediterranean, all day long!

Anyone who disagrees is clearly insecure and trying to make up for laziness and incompetence.

(See what I did there? I made it almost impossible to argue back! It's a little trick I learned from bullies that are now on my Ignore list ;) )
 
Ah, arguing is over-rated.

Don't think the advocates of the Paleo diet really have thought about what the paleo diet was really like: berries, roots, greens, occasional chunks of semi-spoiled scavenged gristle. We owe our ideas of the paleo diet to Hollywood. Reality was a lot less glamorous. (Plus, the females didn't all wear fur bikinis.) :cool:
 
Does the Mediterranean include pasta? If so, then it sux. Maybe it sux anyway. I do like olive oil, though. But not if it's in a Mediterranean diet.
 
No fur bikinis?
 
Does the Mediterranean include pasta? If so, then it sux. Maybe it sux anyway. I do like olive oil, though. But not if it's in a Mediterranean diet.

Well, "pasta" covers a lot of ground. Poorly cooked (usually overcooked) industrial pasta could be compared to industrial paste. Properly-cooked fresh pasta, on the other hand, is probably one step removed from ambrosia. We're fortunate to have several friends of italian background, and their pasta dishes are just amazing. Plus they have introduced us to several shops where the real stuff is made and sold, and in photographic terms, you're comparing a Leica M9 to a Brownie with a busted hinge. There's a reason why you can say "amazing" at least 20 different ways in Italian. :D
 
Mediterranean, all day long!

Yes to that! I grew up on a modified version of it, and look at me, uh, wait maybe I'm not the best poster for it ...
 
I like turtles.
 
For the record, green tea is fine, you can eat whatever you want, and arguing is a silly endeavor, especially on the Internet.

Marija wanted a fight and I just wanted to make her happy and feel welcome even though she doesn't drink coffee anymore :D
 
Sorry I tried to interject some humor.
 
I like these turtles.

geoturtle.gif
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom