What's new

The Coffee House

We took off today to get the shopping done -- my lovely wife got paid early, since she normally gets the check on Thursday. We are back to work tomorrow and Friday. We're taking off on the 30th because son #1's girlfriend is coming in from Oklahoma and we have to get her from the airport.

So, what do you do when your son's #2 girlfriend wants to be picked up as well? We're still talking about the same son, right?:p
 
I think you misplaced the apostrophe. ;) Any others can take the Metro & he can sort it out later.
 
I kid, Charlie. This kinda came up yesterday, as we (me, my wife and the daughters) were going through old boxes of "memories" and we were sorting out what to keep, what to throw out, and what (if any) the daughters wanted to hold on to. We came across a box of letters my wife had from a number of suitors about the time that we started dating, and I think she had four or five in ardent pursuit. Fortunately for me, she dropped the rest once she made her choice. However, the daughters were surprised/agast/bemused/amused of thinking of their mom as an object of desire. At the time though, I was kinda oblivious, and found out over time how many were after her, from the messages that her mom would give her: "oh, so-and-so called again. Wants to know why you're not calling back".
 
SHARON!!!!! :boogie::icon_cheers: :headbang:

Good morning to the rest of you hosers!

Turtle soup? Green coffee? Coffee beans in a stuffed turtle? Y'all have been smoking the good stuff this morning, ain'tcha?
 
SHARON!!!!! :boogie::icon_cheers: :headbang:

Good morning to the rest of you hosers!

Turtle soup? Green coffee? Coffee beans in a stuffed turtle? Y'all have been smoking the good stuff this morning, ain'tcha?

Morning, Lenny; I've missed our chats!

I read just enough of the last few pages (I'm no longer making myself read EVERY single missed post, but I still read a LOT of them) to make me kinda wonder if some of these folks have dropped down the rabbit hole. :lol:
 
Morning, Leonore. Morning, Sharon, if you're reading this. Good afternoon, Marija - we missed you. And your photography. Morning Charlie. Morning, Gary (that is, when you'll wake up and catch up with the banter on the east(ish) coast. Morning Brian.

Last night the home crowd was up till a ridiculous time talking, reminiscing, wrapping, sorting out old stuff, and are still sleeping. I'm about to start my second cup of coffee. And then, since it's still a work day, get busy with the stuff that needs to be taken care of today (invoicing, collecting, etc.). We've also one roofing job partly completed, and the weather is not cooperating with snow, changing to freezing rain, changing to rain, changing to heavy rain (yep, all in the same day) in the forecast.
 
Morning, Lenny; I've missed our chats!

Me too!

I read just enough of the last few pages (I'm no longer making myself read EVERY single missed post, but I still read a LOT of them) to make me kinda wonder if some of these folks have dropped down the rabbit hole. :lol:

They were pushed ;)
 
Morning, Leonore. Morning, Sharon, if you're reading this. Good afternoon, Marija - we missed you. And your photography. Morning Charlie. Morning, Gary (that is, when you'll wake up and catch up with the banter on the east(ish) coast. Morning Brian.

Last night the home crowd was up till a ridiculous time talking, reminiscing, wrapping, sorting out old stuff, and are still sleeping. I'm about to start my second cup of coffee. And then, since it's still a work day, get busy with the stuff that needs to be taken care of today (invoicing, collecting, etc.). We've also one roofing job partly completed, and the weather is not cooperating with snow, changing to freezing rain, changing to rain, changing to heavy rain (yep, all in the same day) in the forecast.

That weather sounds dreadful! Nice here yesterday; today and tomorrow it'll be grey and basically winter dreich, but at least it'll all be rain. Temperature of almost 60 today!
Colder by Christmas Day but clearing by then too. I can stand the cold a little better if there is no precipitation to go with it.

Well, about time to head out. Gotta go play Santa and bring a few gifts to a friend who has been out of town, then up to my church to collect a few things, deliver some photos to a "client" (friend for whom I took some photos), grocery shopping then back home to bake and work on finishing up some DIY gifts.
 
Today's activities: cat shelter, then home to change clothes, then several errands to do in the afternoon before everyone gets out of work and things start going crazy in stores and on the roads. I did some shopping yesterday and meant to get all the errands done but my brother showed up unexpectedly (he lives in North Carolina) and I went to lunch with him and my mother.

His wife, of course, wasn't there. She's decided that we're all devils. I can't even get started on that story. It's long and boring and would involve many many curse words - unless I start getting more creative and using terms like "shrieking harpy" - and it can all be boiled down to my brother getting just one afternoon with his mother and one sister as his entire allotted Christmas family time. Some of this is his own unwillingness to stand up to her, so it's not like it has to be this way, but it doesn't change the fact that he's in a tough spot.

Man, did I somehow get an Irish coffee this morning? I normally don't get this chatty about family stuff - or anything, really - unless I'm drinking! :D
 
Just kind of wet and dreary here, actually a little warm for the season, but the dampness makes it feel cold (at least to me). It's supposed to be 60 tomorrow, so everyone is getting weird weather.

I have to figure out a Christmas Eve dinner for five people (it's an extremely long story - we never do this). I have recipes but need to get ingredients, which should be crazy today. I'm hoping to do it this afternoon. For now, I'm at work (with coffee of course) - decided to save some vacation for next year so I'm in a few days from now til January.
 
unless I start getting more creative and using terms like "shrieking harpy"

This almost made me spit coffee at work, which I do feel like doing at times, but that's a different thing ...
 
unless I start getting more creative and using terms like "shrieking harpy"

This almost made me spit coffee at work, which I do feel like doing at times, but that's a different thing ...

Glad I could help ;)

I find that the word 'harpy' is woefully under-utilized these days.
 
Greetings from Arkansas!! A friend lost a tooth last night, so we're sitting in the dentist office this morning!! It's rained for 2 days now. People drive funny out here......... Idiots lol!!!

Back to you guys!



Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro
 
out Christmas shopping last night again. Strange because at first you are concentrating on the money aspect and being a good consumer for your dollar. But after a few hours of stores and people you stop caring and just whip out the visa because you want to get the hell out of there and go home.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom